CrazyBRONCOguy's '78 project - Page 11 - Ford Bronco Forum
 573Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBRONCOguy View Post
Sand wheeling is very unique. Takes its own special set of techniques and if you really want to have fun its own unique setup. Mine is likely more setup for this then anything else, which is kind of silly being where I am in the state of Indiana, but at the same time oh well.
I'll definitely second this - sand wheeling is way different. My rig is set up mostly for crawling, so the soft springs are tricky to get the hang of when going more than 25-30 in the sand. It's easy to bottom out in some of the dips - which happened a couple of times. Either way, it was a lot of fun, and it was cool to learn a little more about a new (to me) kind of wheeling.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vids you got on those GoPro's you had mounted!
CrazyBRONCOguy likes this.

MS88Bronc
Don't be fooled by the name,
1996 XL with 5.8L/E4OD/BW1356,
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO NOMINATE AND VOTE FOR FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH HERE!!***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
Seats are squeaky, lol.

Also installed some new parts on the f250. NOS grille, bezels, and lower turn/parking lights. Then I waxed and sealed them all so they should stay good for a long time. Really like this look.

May do nos headlights but I don't mind the 1 piece clear ones either. They don't leave that ugly gap at the side like stock ones do.
BikerPepe` likes this.

Build Thread https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...8-project.html
Street Queen '92: 400hp/400ft-lb Roller 351W Built by Me, C6 Swap, 9" Swap, Corbeau Seats, Desert Bumpers, 4.10s, 33s
Sleeper Build '78: 2.5" Bypass Shocks, Deaver Springs, Full Roll Cage, Spool, 460, Hydro-Boost Brakes, Modded Duff Arms, Broader C6, Rust
post #203 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Ford Hoarder

Also got this pic, It has watermark as its from supplier website. https://dunepics.smugmug.com/
I will have real ones soon, this is my favorite one

Street Queen '92: 400hp/400ft-lb Roller 351W Built by Me, C6 Swap, 9" Swap, Corbeau Seats, Desert Bumpers, 4.10s, 33s
Sleeper Build '78: 2.5" Bypass Shocks, Deaver Springs, Full Roll Cage, Spool, 460, Hydro-Boost Brakes, Modded Duff Arms, Broader C6, Rust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
Really cool video! I would like to go there some time. Is there no order there at all? Like when you charge up a hill, your flag is the only warning someone coming up the other side has? Seems kind of crowded for no rules. Are there some common sense rules people are given upon entering the area?
post #205 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Ford Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by helirich View Post
Really cool video! I would like to go there some time. Is there no order there at all? Like when you charge up a hill, your flag is the only warning someone coming up the other side has? Seems kind of crowded for no rules. Are there some common sense rules people are given upon entering the area?
There are directional areas where the tallest hills are, so they are one way.
You do have to run a flag as well, which helps with visibility. Steering wheel it goes up front, bars it goes out back
Other then that, you need stickers, seat belts, roll bar if glass roof (or helmets), and for the exhaust to be under 98db and that's it pretty much.

I grew up out there with my father behind the wheel of a buggy so maybe I am used to the "organized Chaos" that is Silver Lake and don't think its as bad as it is. People do hit each other, people do flip their stuff, people do get life lined out of there in helicopters. All part of the fun to me. Crazy is trying to ride an ATV or dirtbike when its even busier then in my vids.

Also thanks.

post #206 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Ford Hoarder

New trans cooler and AN lines on the way for the F-250. No issues with current setup just putting bigger cooler in place and replacing nipple and clamp connections with nice AN style stuff.
The engine swap is on hold on the 78, Mustang trans decided that 5th gear was no longer happy. It is under warranty however the dealer is being hard to work with so I ended up pulling it myself.

post #207 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Ford Hoarder

well that was fun

Back to the 78 this weekend. First off will need to replace a front turn signal bulb socket that got messed up, and also change the oil as to see what it looks like after 2 trips to the dunes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in