Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

jobei's build thread (90)

31K views 172 replies 52 participants last post by  jobei 
#1 ·
So I think I'm gonna start my build thread! Here's how I got her:

And here's how she looks today:

I'll update as I go. And update things I've already done. I will get a FSOTM dammit! One day.....

See less See more
#5 ·
Finally after a week of searching every JY in town and scouring craigslist, I found a guy on CL parting out a 450....

pretty sweet. Cracked it open and found this goodness inside.....

Wire brushed the whole thing and set it all up in the rebuilt one I got

Now to put it all in the truck! That huge MC looks sooooo tempting to put in, I think I'm gonna hold off on that tho.....

#9 ·
I've heard different things about using a bigger MC, but the truth is I didnt want to go through the hassle of bench bleeding and then system bleeding the whole thing! Also, when I start posting pics of what's going on in there, you'll see those brake lines coming of my original MC don't look like they can stand up to too much torque....

#11 ·
So here's it out:

And here's it back in:

It was pretty easy! I just used a dremmel grinder to grind the holes on the MC out a little, and had to bend that hose going into the steering gear a little to get it in there. I'm not going to run a cooler quite yet, I'll do that soon enough. As usual, there was one part of this that was a pain, and that was getting the pulley on and off the old / new power steering pump. Whenever I do something, I can usually pull it off pretty quickly, but there's always one thing that holds me up. Dammit.

The brakes are really like riding in a whole different truck right now. The difference is really amazing. The only thing that annoys me is how loud that F350 pump is. I'm probably gonna go saginaw sooner than later, but it's annoying to spend the money on that pump and then have to waste it. My only question about the saginaw is hoses.... am I gonna have to fabricate my own? I know the pressure line from the pump is a different size, but it's the same at the steering gears. What about with a hydroboost? Better yet, what vehicle had the saginaw and the hydroboost so I could just order that part? Hmmmm....

#15 ·
So, finally got all the parts together. First, the old bumper:

See the bend in the pass. side? A bump from the PO. Removed it,

And saw how bad my wiring actually was! Fixed it all up and put it on,

Which was sweet. But it really brought out the fact that I have warn out bushings and the body is all askew. You can see it here better:

So now I gotta fix that! :banghead Here it is with the Zeon 10S winch. I'm pretty psyched!

#17 ·
Are those 33s on it? Looks good. Pretty damn clean, especially being an 80s in new england!

#23 ·
Alright haven't posted in a while on this but I'm gettin stuff done. Starting to pull everything apart for the painting and rebuild:

So it's going well. Finding some stuff under there that I didn't know about. First off there's a remote lock control that's hooked up:

and seeing the bottom of the doors is annoying. Looks like I'm gonna have to find some new ones somewhere.

and this was my favorite. I took of the front of the instrument panel and saw a light was missing. Held the panel up to the light and started laughing. Big no prize for the first person to tell me what light the PO pulled....

:rofl:

#29 ·
DOOOOO IIIIIITTTTT!

Its amazing how lousy PO's are at wiring. My 91' some how ended up with brake lights spliced into an AIR LINE for the adjustable shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.