Ok, took advantage of the good weather to sweat my tail off as I wrestled to get just one Deaver spring installed.
Oh yeah, after that fiasco of an idea of swapping the 4" leaves from the F-150 to the Bronco went up in smoke with the add a leaf swap followed by my inability to get the rusty bolts off to remove the F-150 springs, I threw in the towel and $700 for some Deavers - it was what I wanted anyway.
So, the fun started with not being able to just drop the new leaves in. Had to use my limited jack stands & cribbing to finally raise it up enough to get the axle to drop far enough to fit the spring in. Once I did that, the tailpipe was in the way, so out came the sawzall - would have gotten in the way on the trail at full articulation as well.
Thank goodness these springs are flexy as I was able to muscle it in and get the bolts in. I also replaced the shackles with new stock units while I was at it.
Then I realized that factory wedge was not seating to the spring, so up again the BKO went. Pulled the wedge and test fit against the still to be installed Deaver and the pin is larger than stock. Out comes the monster drill and thank goodness I had the right size bit. Got it fitted up and everything correctly seated.
When I went to install the u-bolts, another surprise, the top plate center hole will not fit over the Deaver center pin nut. So, I need to get the right size bit and open it up.
Anyways, now I need a tailpipe solution. I need something that will not get in the way of the suspension and affords good ground clearance.