The budget 79 Bronco build - Page 3 - Ford Bronco Forum
 273Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 12:46 AM

Great fab work!

In the wild, health care is, Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 with a 460 dana 60's rear 35 spline full spool. front welded with hidro asst. 9" of lift on 44 bo
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lager View Post
Great fab work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundee27 View Post
the back bumper is sweet , how much did it cost to build?
Thanks,
The steel was free, and about 20 hours of my labor and maybe 70 bucks in cut off wheels,paint and the lights.

for the love of mud. F.O.T.M. July 2015.
post #43 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 09:40 AM

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai dave View Post
So a few weeks back I went camping and the bronco had a power serge on the way their. It just cut out rolling down the highway and smoke came rolling out from under the dash. And when this happened it had blew all the light on the bronco except the new LEDs. Also I found the heater fan stopped working along with the windshield wiper,power seat adjustment and my amp . After it sat for a few minute it started with a jump,and I had no problems the rest of the weekend. It was the strangest thing? That's what I have been messing with the last few weeks.
Ha ha, when I first read this, I thought you ment that all that stuff worked after the jump start. I thought "man, that's weird". After reading further down I see you mean everything else worked for the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 79 with a 460 dana 60's rear 35 spline full spool. front welded with hidro asst. 9" of lift on 44 bo
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by helirich View Post
Ha ha, when I first read this, I thought you ment that all that stuff worked after the jump start. I thought "man, that's weird". After reading further down I see you mean everything else worked for the weekend.
I still don't no how it happened or why it happened. After we got it started drove it to Walmart and bought new headlights and brake lights, and had no problems the rest of the weekend. I had to replace ever light on the bronco including the dash and interior lights. I don't want it to happen to the wife when she is driving it.

post #45 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 AM

On most aircraft there is a switch to connect the battery and another to turn on the field to the altenator. The idea is to start the motor without the alt. drag. Then you flip on the alt. to charge. When you first flip that alt. switch, it really goes in to charge because you ran the battery down some starting. After a few minutes the charge levels off to a trickle. You can switch the battery off then and the alt. will run the aircraft. But, If you flip off the battery (by mistake) during the high charge, all that charge has no where to go. I've seen it fry everything that was turned on.

I suppose if the battery in your truck got disconnected somehow while in heavy charge, the same thing could happen.

That would be 14volts at high amps. The other thing that could fry stuff would be a bad regulator that would let the alt. charge at a unrestricted voltage. I think a unrestricted alt. will push about 18 volts.
post #46 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
The weird thing is none of the fuses blew just tyhe lights and a few of the switches. Right before I left for the trip I installed a old set of hella head lights, I'm thinging that they where the couplet.

post #47 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsai dave View Post
The weird thing is none of the fuses blew just tyhe lights and a few of the switches. Right before I left for the trip I installed a old set of hella head lights, I'm thinging that they where the couplet.
I'm not an expert, but I think high voltage will not blow a fuse. (Only high amps) so that would make a faulty regulator likely. But maybe the Hella's were drawing ground through that other stuff.
post #48 of 310 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
10/4 on that. I'm far from an expert. I'm just an old floor guy trying figure things out, thanks for the help.

post #49 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
I started to build a center console with a 12" sub , that my brother-in-law had given me. The box I'm using for the sub I had built in high school maybe 1980 . I built the box to hold all my vinyl albums, I know I'm showing my age. It's made out of 3/4" cabinet grade ply. I know It's not the best for a sub box but it's free, and it's not going to be getting a lot of power to raddle the bronco. Removed the wheels the lid and cut out the hole for the sub. It's going to have a double opening lid.The front part of the console is built out of 1/2" ply I had laying around. I didn't like the high front part of the console set and I wanted a spot for a tissue box to set. so I cut it down a bit and added a spot for the tissues to set. That's about were it's at , I need to pic up a couple power supply ports to mount right under the tissue box.
Dee, PJCHANNING and Fazfamily like this.

post #50 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Last year in W.Va. I crushed the drivers door in on a big tree, and about ripped the mirror off. Well the mirror has been hanging on with only one bolt. So figured I would fix the mirror and maybe adjust the door a little to help it shut a little better First thing was to weld this up. Then I tacked weld a chain in the deepest crease to pull it with a come-a-long. Pulled it out about 3" and the door shuts a lot better.
Dee likes this.

post #51 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 09:37 AM

I like the console. I would have had to put the little slots for a coffee mug.

I just scanned the door repair. At first I thought you were going to make a mirror mount out of welded chain. LOL.
post #52 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 11:32 AM

Some great stuff in here bud. I've never heard of anyone putting play sand in bed liner and reducing it but that sure seems like it would work. I'm about to order some roll on bed liner to do the body and bumpers on my rig. I might give this a go.

I'm going to try monstaliner.

Great thread I'll be sure to check back in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - O U T L A W - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - B R O N C O - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
post #53 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by helirich View Post
I like the console. I would have had to put the little slots for a coffee mug.

I just scanned the door repair. At first I thought you were going to make a mirror mount out of welded chain. LOL.
Thanks Rich, Yes I still need to cut those little slots. That would be a good ideal for a rat rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez-67 View Post
Some great stuff in here bud. I've never heard of anyone putting play sand in bed liner and reducing it but that sure seems like it would work. I'm about to order some roll on bed liner to do the body and bumpers on my rig. I might give this a go.

I'm going to try monstaliner.

Great thread I'll be sure to check back in.
Deez Thanks, I have never used the monstaliner just cheap liner. I just see what you need to use for clean up and use that as the reducer. I don't know if it right but I have been doing it for years like that.

post #54 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
I made another change. I cut off the drink holder and mounted it on the sub box . I used an old flannel shirt for the top for now. The hinges installed on the lids , just need some kind of riser stops . The amp for the sub is mounted behind the tissues. I'll leave it like this for a few weeks, to make shore I like it before I start to prep it for some paint.
Dee likes this.

post #55 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Bronco Info: 1985 EB current 1-ton sas and diesel/zf5 swap in progress
nice work on the bumper, it looks stout! what tubing is the swingarm? 2" sq? wall thickness?

My build-85 Bronco 7.3idi and 1 ton leaf sas-http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206821
post #56 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:57 PM

hahaa dig the flannel shirt...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - O U T L A W - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - B R O N C O - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
post #57 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Ford Hoarder

Bronco Info: See Signature
I also like the flannel shirt. you should do the head linear too if that truck has one. The 78/79 ones are way easy to do too.
Just for what it could look like I did my 92 http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/Cr...105bc.jpg.html
I could see the pockets being handy on the lid.

Build Thread https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...8-project.html
Street Queen '92: 400hp/400ft-lb Roller 351W Built by Me, C6 Swap, 9" Swap, Corbeau Seats, Desert Bumpers, 4.10s, 33s
Sleeper Build '78: 2.5" Bypass Shocks, Deaver Springs, Full Roll Cage, Spool, 460, Hydro-Boost Brakes, Modded Duff Arms, Broader C6, Rust
post #58 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 02:41 PM

"Map pockets"?
post #59 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkff05 View Post
nice work on the bumper, it looks stout! what tubing is the swingarm? 2" sq? wall thickness?
Thanks, Yes it's 2" sq. tube and 1/8" wall the gussets are 1/4" same as the bumper.
I never posted these pics of the recovering points being cut. I have also added some rod to the swing arm bolt.
Dee likes this.

post #60 of 310 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez-67 View Post
hahaa dig the flannel shirt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBRONCOguy View Post
I also like the flannel shirt. you should do the head linear too if that truck has one. The 78/79 ones are way easy to do too.
Just for what it could look like I did my 92 http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/Cr...105bc.jpg.html
I could see the pockets being handy on the lid.
It's my temporary solution, The wife said what the F that's my shirt. Brandon, the head liner looks good but it's a little busy for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode