Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Western PA
Bronco Info: 1985 351W C6 Going thru severe Chemo and Radiation Therapy
Mongomann75's 85 Build
Western PA winters bring with them snow and cold. Last year I found myself plowing more then I wanted with my 1999 F350 4 door 8 foot bed. Too long to be able to get around some of the areas I plow. I decided to do something about it.
I started looking for a early 80's Bronco, IMO these are the best looking Fords ever! After going thru the normal issues from craigslist I found someone willing to barter for his 85! I made the deal, drove it home an then to work for the next week for a good shake down.
I knew there would be rot, I mean its 30 years old! But I needed to pay a little better attention, I found about 2 gallons of Putty and at least 6 tubes of painters caulk and aluminum flashing hiding lots of the ugly stuff.
I plan to do the following to the 85,
1. SAS D60 on leaves using 1ton pieces
2. 10.25 in the rear with the proper springs
3. Fix the rust right. Daddy always said if your gonna do it do it right......
4. Pull all the interior and bed liner the inside
5. Paint the exterior in a fancy OD or FDR with BOSS stripes
6. Fabricate custom bumpers winch up front and spare tire carrier in the rear
7. Remove any unnecessary item from the ride, if I don't need it, its gone
8. Full tune up, all fluids, filters, etc.......
9. Teach my 10 year old son all about the world of wrenching.......
10. Have fun with it.
I will post up pictures as soon as I load them! Ideas and thoughts are welcome I appreciate educated conversation about these things, I like to learn from others experiences and hope to be able to return the favor to the community. Thank you for your time!