96 Build - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
 925Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie-Bauer 5.8/1974 Bronco 351C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwchoppers View Post
While your looking for rust lift up the rear carpet at by the tailgate and see if your rear sill is rusted too
I did, when I installed the body lift and was pleasently surprised on how solid this truck was, considering the Salt and the Calcium Chloride that bury us in up North. I expected the area in front of the rear wheel well at the floor to be bad too, but wasn't.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years

MY BUILD THREAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 06:47 PM

Bronco Info: 1994 5.8 e40d 6in lft 35's m/t whls Custom bumbers.banks 3in stnls exh.edelbrock int.bassani headers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajoe View Post
I did, when I installed the body lift and was pleasently surprised on how solid this truck was, considering the Salt and the Calcium Chloride that bury us in up North. I expected the area in front of the rear wheel well at the floor to be bad too, but wasn't.

Damn that's awesome I just replaced mine it was shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cobrajoe and Gustifer like this.

post #83 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

Well I went to the shop this morning to clean up and I figured I'd clean my transmission and transfer case and paint it before I put it back in.

While I was painting, my buddy calls me up and asks me if he can clean up some of '57 Chevy parts in my sandblaster; I told him yeah, as long as he let me borrow a bottle of Argon. A half hour later, he backs in with his parts an a bottle of gas.

So now, I was able to finish up the passenger side that I couldn't do yesterday:

BikerPepe` and cjwchoppers like this.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years

MY BUILD THREAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

I had cut out the first piece of metal yesterday, so I welded it in place today:

I fabbed up a lower piece and tacked that in:

I opted to leave it off the bottom of the quarter panel, not sure if it's a good idea, but I did and welded it all up:

MY BUILD THREAD
post #85 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:49 PM

Bronco Info: 95 EB 5.8EFI Bone Stock w/7" lift on 33s
Kind of off the wall question...but where did you get your rims? And what size are they. The ones the 37s are on.

Just happened to notice a pic of them after you finished your steering and the backspace on them

post #86 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

Both in need of some polishing, (I wash them with acid in the winter)15 x 10 Mickey Thompson's:

15 x 15 custom made Weld Racing:

Both have factory backspacing.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #87 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:07 PM

cobrajoe likes this.
post #88 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

I took a little Mothers to one of them to see if they would clean up:

Notice the pinstripe; I had a buddy of mine add that to them back in 1980 when they were on my '74. He was at my old shop lettering and striping my '78 bronco and I asked him if he could add a pin stripe to my headlights and my wheels. I used to drink Bud in bar bottles in those days, and I would have to jack up the truck and spin the wheel while he held the brush, so this one time I place my bottle on the ground and jack up the truck, he starts yelling at me as I go to grab my beer. I'm like guy, what the f*&^ is your problem. He smiles and shows me my Longneck, he pinstriped the whole bottle while I was jacking up the truck. I still have that bottle somewhere.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #89 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 10:07 PM

Is there any reason you chose to lift the front the way you did?

I currently have a 6in adjustable (set at 4 in right now). I want to basically do what you did. Aiming for 7-8in.

Kind wanting to keep the original TTB but don't want to max it out to where it's useless.

I don't plan on rock crawling and rarely do I off-road.

post #90 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

Please explain what you mean by "the way you did". If you are asking why I cut down the coil towers, it's because I already had 6" springs and I need more clearance. If it's why the air bags and spacers? It's because I can't have the front end drop when I put the plow on; the spacers are because they don't make any bigger air bags.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #91 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:26 AM

I'm buying at 95 today for $1500 with 149k miles
It has alot of rust under the truck. would I be ok if there's no holes?
post #92 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

The first places that usually go is the rear fender lip, above the wheel wells. Also, the rear brace on the inside of the rear quarter, the floor in front of the rear wheel well near where the seat belt cover is, the rear floor under the sill plate by the tailgate, the door and tailgate bottoms and the bottom of the fenders.
bmad01 likes this.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #93 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Please explain what you mean by "the way you did". If you are asking why I cut down the coil towers, it's because I already had 6" springs and I need more clearance. If it's why the air bags and spacers? It's because I can't have the front end drop when I put the plow on. the spacers are because they don't make any bigger air bags.

More specifically meant leaving the TTB. Majority of folks I notice on here go with solid axle leaf springs or solid axle coil springs.

post #94 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

I don't mind the TTB, grant you, I had a a Dana 44 solid axle, hardened Yukon axles, etc... that I was going to swap, but ended up selling it. I started breaking front axles plowing with the 37's after I installed the locker, so I ended up going with RCV axles. Seeing that I already had them in the '93, I just swapped everything over.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #95 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 10:12 PM

I'm new to 4x4, hell im really new to Fords. Just was under the impression that past 6in of lift a TTB was worthless.

Gives me hope I can tuck 37s or 38s with my TTB.

cobrajoe likes this.
post #96 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

All the hope you need:

I ran my '93 w/37's for years, anything more than 6"-7" IMO, probably should be looking into a cut n' turn.

The biggest problem with my axles breaking, was outer U-joint failure while pushing snow. (3 times) I would break a U-joint and then the spinning inner axle would destroy the now stationary outer axle. I must point out that this only started happening when local suppliers stopped carrying Spicer U-joints and I installed Moog joints. If you do go this route I STRONGLY RECOMMEND SPICER JOINTS ONLY!
White Dragon and lugnut1009 like this.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #97 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

Okay, back on track. As promised, my buddy showed up last night and we managed to get both transmissions and transfer cases back in the trucks. Everything is done and the '93 is back to being a driver. I also grabbed a pic of the speed sensor relocation:

MY BUILD THREAD
post #98 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

Tonight my other buddy had some time so we worked on the front bumper some more. We made some more cuts and tacked the pieces together:

...then back to my shop for a test fit:

I'm really happy with the way this coming out.

RicoBronco and lugnut1009 like this.

MY BUILD THREAD
post #99 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Ford-a-Holic

A few more cuts and a few more tacks.....

...and you guessed it back to my shop for another test fit:

MY BUILD THREAD
post #100 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 08:25 AM

Bronco Info: 1994 5.8 e40d 6in lft 35's m/t whls Custom bumbers.banks 3in stnls exh.edelbrock int.bassani headers
Quote:
A few more cuts and a few more tacks.....

...and you guessed it back to my shop for another test fit:

That's one serious bumper. Looks great

cobrajoe likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only

Tags
ttb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode