So back at it for a bit. The glue / clamp routine worked great on the inner weather strip. So I figured I'd finish up that door panel, getting it ready to install. So when trying to find nice door panels - apparently I didn't pay attention to the back side mounting 'lugs' which space the panel out from the door. I'm guessing people using the wrong screws, over tightening etc - caused the spacers / lugs on this panel to break.
So I used the dremel and cut off lugs from a trashed panel I had on hand. Then I simply used my old soldering iron to plastic weld the lugs onto the panel for stability when installed. I've used this technique for YEARS and it works better than anything else I've tried. Did it for motorcycle fairing repairs and it held up great for years.
Fitting the first lug. Doesn't have to be perfect, just stable enough to hold up.
Here's the soldered in lug. Just use the side of the iron to quickly melt the plastics together.
I then installed the metal trim pieces at the top of the door panel. They are thin metal with a vinyl like coating (wood grain / black etc) and mine were all screwed up. Painted it with SEM trim black then coated that with black vinyl dye. They are held in my metal 'tangs' that you can bend outward from the backside to remove them. They are a PAIN to reinstall correctly. You have to bend the metal tangs after 'snapping' the trim down into the slots
Also installed the armrest. It's held on from the rear with screws.
Then onto the next panel to install the new inner weather strip. It had one broken hole for the strip clips.
Got it in place, used a bit of glue - got it where I wanted it and clamped it lightly in place with some needle nose vice grips
So while that was setting up, I decided to uninstall the old, trashed headliner. I'm going to swap in the mint headliner from the '93. None of the Bronco's I have were equipped with the roof console - but apparently the wiring and mount is present in the '95
Tomorrow I hope to get the door panels finished and installed, get the A pillar installed, and hopefully get the rear interior from the '93 removed and swapped in.