Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Parts for 87 302 to 95 351

875 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  birch 
#1 ·
I am swapping the 302 in my 87 with a 95 351 will my AC gen, 3g alt, smog pump, power steering pump work with this I have 95 brackets any other things that may need swap besides upper intakes EGR tube manifold cross connector, flywheel, torque converter and distributor ?

#3 ·
keep your wiring harness, emissions can be kept if you so choose. you will need a 92-95 3g 3post alt. your current alt wont work at all. you will obviously use the current 3g wiring harness your using.

you will also need a 5.8/C6 computer

you will need a tfi mounted Dizzy with the proper roller cam gear on the dizzy.

power steering and A/C will mount up. take this time to do/locate a saginaw pump and bracket... take this time to also consider getting some shorty headers for the 5.8

#9 ·
I did the Alt. and Dizzy with relocation of the TFI to avoid heat. Did a MAF kit with comp EFI wire harness etc.. I did shorty headers and exhaust 100%

The Ac compressor was 134 but had to change to mount it to the 351w

I used the power steering from the 351 but the box is leaky and must be fixed or replaced.

#5 ·
TravisITGuy I am using the same harness with a MAF harness for MAF and EFI fire change. A new computer and injectors. Headers EGR wit tube and elect. A MSD dist wires coil. etc.. The alternator I need to change and need to find a good high output like the 3G I have when FireGuy was in biz. I also need an AC Gen for a 95 too. My other is not the best and I want a good one and not sure what options there are.

harnes

#6 ·
when i did my 5.8 swap on a previously owned 88 5.0/AOD bronco was the following.

I found a wrecking yard complete 5.8 from upper intake to oilpan. this included the stock 95amp 3g alt and necessary bracket. I reused my AC & powersteering bracket from the 5.0. this was before i knew about the saginaw swap.

I found a 5.8 tfi mounted dizzy had the cam gear removed and the cam gear swap from the one that cam with the 5.8 since it was a roller cam motor.

I reused my 5.0 wiring harness and located the correct computer to run the 5.8 with a non-computer controlled auto (C6 for example). I got the correct flexplate from an 88 crownvictoria and i was done. I had a new y pipe made up as well but could have sourced this at the wrecking yard as well.

now in your case if your going maf as well, either piece together a mustang maf harness and computer 5.0/AOD for example or get one of the fiveology kits and be done with it.

I dont recommend the MSD dizzy, the ford dizzy's are more than capable.

#7 ·
TravisITGuy I did go with a Fiveology MAF. I had to go MAF with it. My AC compressor is different and not mounting I need a new compressor and was told it would not hook up to my 87 5.0. I would think I may need to adapt the hoses but ? Why do you not recommend MSD I got one with it. I got a flexplate but could not use a crown vic because the engine is internally balanced. The wrecking yard wont sell a Y pipe in Cali. I had one built and new cats and muff. It may be going this week I hope.

#8 ·
Hello Just wondering if anybody knows if there is a bracket to mount a AC compressor in my 87 to a 95 351 engine. Information on if I could put a 95 compressor in an what would I need. Just hose fittings crossing my fingers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.