Electrical Issue - Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By miesk5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 86 XLT 351 HO, Holley 650, 3" Exhaust, 6L Up, 265/75R16 Dirt Commanders, & 85 302 EFI, AOD, 6L Up
Garage
Electrical Issue

Just picked up a buzz in my subwoofer that increases and decreases in pitch with RPM.

If I turn my fan on the tach will increase and jump around.

If I keep the window switch engaged after my windows up or down after they are open or closed my dash lights dim and even go out. Amp meter twitches to the left as well.

Any increase in load makes my tach go up.

Running the heater fan for a bit makes all of this worse.

Weird. Time to check my bat and alt. of maybe leaves on my heater switch in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 86 XLT 351 HO, Holley 650, 3" Exhaust, 6L Up, 265/75R16 Dirt Commanders, & 85 302 EFI, AOD, 6L Up
Garage
Battery is dead as a door nail. Guess I need to replace the electrical system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:53 PM

Bronco Info: 1990 5.8 e4od
Garage
the buzzing in your stereo is a bad ground start there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:01 PM

Bronco Info: 96 Bronco XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Garage
Yo Big,
As Northern advised.
Any other items inoperative?

Or a bad speaker(s). See https://itstillworks.com/fix-buzzing...r-7840996.html

Following by Ford;
" The most effective method of evaluating ignition noise is to compare the radio performance with the engine on, versus engine off. If ignition noise is present with engine running:

Check to see that the spark plug wires are the suppressor type and that the spark plugs are the correct resistor type.

If so equipped, check distributor cap and rotor electrodes for silicone grease, as this may cause ignition noise on FM. This noise is characterized by a "motor boat" type sound on weak to moderate strength stations. The noise can only be eliminated by replacing the distributor cap and distributor rotor (12200) with a cap and rotor that do not have grease.

Missing or Poor Grounds
Check bond strap grounding effectiveness by wedging a large file between metal parts to ensure proper ground, such as between the tail pipe and body, or between the fender and frame, while the radio chassis is playing and the engine is running. Listen for a decrease in the objectionable radio noise. If a reduction in radio noise is noted, first try tightening body and exhaust system clamps and brackets. Then, if necessary, install a new bond strap between the two metal parts to ensure proper ground.
4Missing or Damaged Noise Suppression Components
Noise suppression components may be malfunctioning or missing. Service or replace any missing or damaged components.

Sound Distortion, Premium Sound
Sound distortion can be attributed to any of three components: the radio amplifier (18B849), the radio chassis, or the radio amplifier wiring (19B113) that connects the radio amplifier to the radio chassis. If any of these components is damaged, sound quality will be distorted. The speakers will also cause distortion if any of them are grounded,"

Attached is your 86 wiring diagram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190404-164442.jpg (228.1 KB, 0 views)
BroncoJoe19 likes this.

See my partially recovered Bronco web site. Thanks to Mr. Schwim!
Navy & DoD (retired) ... THANKS to ALL WHO SERVE!
Please VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode