Roll bar - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:15 AM

Bronco Info: 96 XLT 5.8L
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csilvestri View Post
Here are some that I took the day I got home with it just set in for transport home and a few others that I hope you will find helpful.

@ broncousa17 Also, just to clarify, if you were hoping to take the soft top frame and fold it backward like you would with a Jeep or standard convertible car, you can't do that with the family cage I got. The rear protective hoop blocks the forward-most soft top support tube from clearing. I knew this going in since I researched with All 4 Fun and Rampage and that's fine with me. I usually run it with the windows all out and the canopy still attached.

You have two options when removing the full fabric soft top:

1. Fold both of the support bard forward and bungee or strap them to the rollbar where they end up laying, or...

2. Unbolt both of the support hoops from their lower-most attachment points and reattach them when you're ready to put the soft top back on.

I'm going to look into some small scale quick release pins like you see on trailer hitches (obviously small enough to replace the lower mounting bolts for the soft top support bolts, or something like the quick release "pressure tighteners" you use to adjust a bike seat's height or tighten/attach the wheels on most mountain bikes, etc. That would actually allow for a more sturdy, tight squeeze replacement hardware set for the 4 lower soft top support hoop mounting points and also eliminate the problem of a super quick removal of the hoop that won't clear the rollbar.

Know what I mean? See the pictures below for details.
Dude you rock thank you! Just what I wanted to see!
LVSteve and csilvestri like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode