Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#17,423 ·
Finished up installing a factory transmission oil cooler I scavenged out of the junkyard the other day. The lines were intact so I got those too and used them.

I also put in a secondary filter in the return line back to the transmission to help keep my transmission fluid nice and clean.

I got everything assembled and tightened down and gave her a test run. Everything checked out good and leak free. I believe I have about $70 invested in the cooler and filter setup.

I used my temp gun and checked the oil cooler temp and it registered between 160-170 degrees.

This will definitely help for the long haul out to Moab next week and the extra heat generated out on the trails.

#17,424 ·
Been getting the “jiggle jiggle” on the driver’s door while driving. I saw that the door striker bushing was gone and the pass side bushing was cracked. Replaced them both. That little nut or whatever it is that’s inside the body looked like it would have fallen down into the void if I removed the striker bolt, so I used the sharp end of my light tester to hold it so it didn’t fall while I put on the new bushings. A little trial and error adjusting of the exact position of the striker and no more jiggle!

EDIT: I just had to swing back by this post and say wow. It’s crazy how much quieter it is in the cab now. Even before the old bushings broke, it wasn’t this quiet. Don’t get me wrong, there are other rattles and creaks, but the cab noise is down an easy 50%, just from door rattles. Not bad for a $5 fix. :thumbup

#17,428 ·
Yo,
Unlocked Warn® Manual Locking Hubs. Then strung burgundy grape vine canes to trellis.
What a life!

#17,429 ·
Pulled the body mount bolts out. After 266k on this rig. It took some map gas to heat up the lower nuts so they would come free with the impact gun. Next thing is to come up with how I lift the body off the frame to resto the frame.
I do have the motor, trans, transfer case and driveshafts out. The seats, console and carpets are out too.
How much do we figure the rest weighs??? the only thing left is the whole body minus the front bumper, header panel. The rear bumper and tire carrier with 35 are still on it.

Maybe I better take those off to shave some pounds prior to taking the body off. Hmmmm

#17,430 ·
Made a whole buncha 3's :ford
View attachment 135410
I had a '92, but I don't remember having a warning light that said "Overdrive Off", I'm 99% sure that it had the regular PRND21 display where you have that OD off stuff. Is that some custom dash?

Reactions: RicoBronco
#17,431 ·
I had a '92, but I don't remember having a warning light that said "Overdrive Off", I'm 99% sure that it had the regular PRND21 display where you have that OD off stuff. Is that some custom dash?
Yes sir. I had to relocate the indicator light when I made the custom center console. Here's a link to the thread.
https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/407913-bronxpedition-center-console.html

Good eye, btw. I was wondering if someone might catch it.

Reactions: BikerPepe`
#17,432 ·
It all started when Lost the Steering box!

I went in with the new one ($170) to have it installed..THey said it was the wrong one they used one from O'rilleys @ 288, but needed to replace drag link 264$ & a bushing 42$

add labor 340$ and it was a over $1000.

so my new policy we use my parts if they dont fit were done as i shop and swap This was a $500-600job

It all works but soo disappointed ,,,GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Went to have brake pads replaced at a local shop.

JUST. BRAKE. PADS.

$850+ quote.....:histerica :banghead

I asked which jeweler are they getting the gold-plated pads from...

Broke out my Chilton and Haynes repair manuals I did the job myself (with my son's help).

#17,434 ·
Went to have brake pads replaced at a local shop.

JUST. BRAKE. PADS.

$850+ quote.....:histerica :banghead

I asked which jeweler are they getting the gold-plated pads from...

Broke out my Chilton and Haynes repair manuals I did the job myself (with my son's help).
I have a feeling, regardless of telling them that all you want's a pad slap, they were gonna throw a bunch of other parts at it anyway. If they did not give you an itemized, computer printed, estimate, then yeah, run like Hell. I fricking hate unscrupulous shops. All they should've done was put a disclaimer that you sign that says, "Customer-requested repair." That removes any liability from them.

Edit: I'm gonna be visiting family in the Panhandle sometime in June or July; where are you located again?

Reactions: CDA 455
#17,435 ·
I have a feeling, regardless of telling them that all you want's a pad slap, they were gonna throw a bunch of other parts at it anyway. If they did not give you an itemized, computer printed, estimate, then yeah, run like Hell. I fricking hate unscrupulous shops. All they should've done was put a disclaimer that you sign that says, "Customer-requested repair." That removes any liability from them.

Edit: I'm gonna be visiting family in the Panhandle sometime in June or July; where are you located again?
You're in my neighborhood; it was Commercial Tire.

They didn't used to be that way, but apparently they've changed their business model:

No matter what service you want; they give you a WHOLE rebuild/repair estimate. :madder

I'm next to the capital; in Meridian.

#17,437 ·
Just got back from the pick n pull. That 96 exploder was still there and the motor was untouched. I didn't see any sign of a wreck so is the engine or trany blown?
So I figured I'd pull the heads anyway. Worst case, they could be cracked.
So what did I find? #1 cylinder, apparently the rod must have broke because the Piston was beat to hell. A bit of maring on the combustion chamber area but the valves aren't bent. Overall the heads are fine. I'll send them off to my machinest for a resurface and 3 angle valve job.
I got those and the upper intake to go with the lower I got last month. I saw a old mustang GT so I thought I'd see if the ecm was still there. It was. A9L ecm 91 model. So I can do sefi and mass air if I choose to.
I'll post pics tomorrow.