Ford Bronco Forum - View Single Post - Want to be #2
Thread: Want to be #2
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:03 PM
JohnMcD348
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 92 Factory Original 300 I6 M5OD Manual Custom. 3 seats, AC and a radio and all vinyl interior.
Garage
I don't think they're going to be affordable enough to be worth buying one. Just like the new Jeep trucks, they are saying they are "PURPOSELY" charging an extra premium price for them when they come out, simply because they can. It's a Truck now so they can charge more. Just like all trucks now have more than doubled in price over the past few years.

2 recent examples I know of:

My BIL was truck shopping and went to the Chevy Dealer. He was looking at a the model he usually buys and nearly crapped his pants at the price. He said there was a brand new, nearly loaded Corvette sitting next to it that was $15,000.00 cheaper. He asked the salesman why he could buy a Corvette for so much less than a work truck and the salesman's response:
"More women are driving Trucks now. We can charge more for them since they are better equipped like cars."

A Doctor I work with, just the other showed me his New, fully equipped Ford Raptor he just bought. He was going to trade in his 08 F250 and buy another F250 to replace it but decided to get the Raptor instead because it cost just as much as the F250 would have.

If the new Bronco comes in under $40K in any trim level, I will be greatly surprised.

One more from me. I bought my 08 Ram Megacab new. Special Ordered from the dealer. Cost me about $34,000. Awhile back I went on the build and price website to build as close to my truck now,............

$87,532.00

Before delivery. I'll probably never buy another new truck ever again.

JTMcD.
We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy Shit, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

MY A/C Vacuum leak repair http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175808

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome