Ford Bronco Forum - View Single Post - Catastrophic failure
View Single Post
post #84 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Doosenberry

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco 351M/NP435/NP205 - Holley Sniper - Hedman Headers - MT Classic 3's - 35" MT Deegan 38s
Garage
I got the accessories off. Took the water pump off. I got the timing cover cracked open and I can see that noisy gear drive (#regret), BUT... forgot I need the harmonic balancer off to fully remove the timing cover, so I'll have to come back to that after I rent a puller. I removed the starter and unbolted the transmission as well, but I haven't taken it off the engine yet. I'll probably secure the torque converter to the tranny, so it doesn't come out of the bell housing and then wrap it up and set it in the back yard until I can sell it. C6... Shift kit... 2k stall Hughes converter...

I've decided that I'm just gonna scrap my future 460 plans and do something else. I'm gonna start cleaning up what I think is salvageable or should I say sellable and send it on its way. They're already setting up shop at the park across the street. There's a truck with a car hauler and he has an old vw bug and an amc gremlin for sale. I really hope someone buys that gremlin and turns it into a hot rod. Yes...

77 F100 Custom SWB - 302/C4 2wd ~ My Daily Driver
78 Bronco Custom T/S - 351M/NP205/NP435 4wd ~ For Fun
75 F150 Custom LWB - 460/C6 2wd ~ Deceased

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome