Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Showcase cover image for Babe (the Blue Ox)

General Information

Year
Make
Ford
Model
Ranchero
Color
Medium Blue Metallic (originally 3L Dark Blue)
Packages
GT
History
Free. Original engine was seized, so I replaced the drivetrain with another engine and transmission, and gave it to a friend of mine who needed a car. Later, my friend needed a truck, because getting in and out of the Ranchero was a problem with his bad knees and back, so I traded him a '90 F150 (Mom and Dad's old truck), and have been working to fix the small problems and eventually restore/restomod it.
1979 Ford Ranchero (Medium Blue Metallic (originally 3L Dark Blue))

Modifications

Drivetrain
1979 Grand Marquis 351W-2V and C4 Cruise-o-Matic. 9" rear with 2.47 ratio, but I obtained a 3.50 R&P from 379sinvb. An AOD is in the future also. If I decide to retrofit SEFI, it'll be an Explorer 5.0L w/4R70W trans.
Interior
Stock blue, with blue broadcloth bench. Rebuilt steering column with late '80s truck steering wheel and wiring, all in black. GT instrument package.
Exterior
Babe was stripped of her GT stripes and repainted, but the full workup was never finished, and the paint is wearing off, along with rust spots are growing. Windshield needs replacement. Doors are square and shut nicely, but the tailgate and rear bumper are wonky from an accident a handful of years ago. The front header panel is coming apart, and I've considered doing a Cougar front clip swap. Definite repaint after fixing all the rust and replacing the windshield.
Audio
Junk radio and door speakers. I have a Kenwood AM-FM-CD head unit with Kenwood 6X9s that will be installed later with a single DIN insert and trim.
Suspension
Stock, with rear air shocks.
Wheel and Tire
P215/70R15 junk tires on crappy ARE chrome steelies, no center caps. I definitely want to update the tires and wheels.

Gallery

Comments

There are no comments to display.