Ford Bronco Forum

Ford Bronco Forum (https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related. (https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/15-general-discussion-bronco-wheeling-related/)
-   -   Exhaust pictures (https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/15-general-discussion-bronco-wheeling-related/506646-exhaust-pictures.html)

outlawbob 08-12-2019 10:43 AM

Exhaust pictures

Has anyone on 78/79 bronco with full length headers run the pipes under the radius arms and then under the body. If so please post some pictures.
I don't like exhaust pipes next to the trans and transfer case on the driver side of the vehicle.
Also has anyone use a round muffler in stead of the turbo style, not class pak because they don't last long.
thanks

Bob

trustyrusty 08-12-2019 01:26 PM

i have run duals many different ways on my 78 over the last quarter century
on my current 79 I have long tubes the I crossed the left pipe in front of crossmember and ran both pipes out the right side between auto trans and frame into a thrush welded dual inlet /dual outlet muffler and ran both pipes down the right side behind rear wheel
I used 2 1/2 pipe, snug fit but it fits nice and it all sits above lower frame flange
can snap some pics if you like

miesk5 08-12-2019 01:50 PM

Yo Bob,
78 w/DynoMax® full-length headers pics, custom made dual 2.5" pipes & glass packs in a 351M
Source: by Tristan S @ Modifications on my 78 Bronco

"...Dynomax full length headers, and a custom made (by me) dual 2.5" exhaust with glass packs and side exit in front of rear tires. Effect: OK! We are starting to notice some power now. After retuning the carb and advance (still not perfect) I noticed a decent gain in power across the entire rpm band, but more so at the top end. Also a decrease in gas mileage, now at 8.5 - 9 mpg. I noticed in neutral the engine revs much quicker, indicating a more free flowing exhaust. The exhaust also became much louder (still using the same glasspacks) but the tone changed. I actually liked the 'gurgle' of the manifolds and exhaust that were on it. Now its more of a loud 'blat'. Still debating on putting mufflers on...
... Nice shiny Dynomax headers, unfortunately these didnt fit.

nofit.JPG (90413 bytes) Header installed but it blocked the front driveshaft from being hooked back up to the front axle yoke..."

See two pics

outlawbob 08-13-2019 10:23 AM

Thanks guys, I still have to play with the design.

CrazyBRONCOguy 08-13-2019 11:06 AM

I can speak to the round muffler part. I have 2 flowmaster Pro-series, one on a 92 bronco and the other on a 96 f-250. Very unique sound, they dont really change the engine noise so much, just make it quieter, sound similair to straight pipe, if you covered your ears. Really good at taking the edge off, if you will. On both trucks I replaced a striaght threw style dynomax muffler.

Edit: also sounds like fender exit headers fit what your wanting to do very well.