Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the skyjacker coil springs with the 2” lift added? We’re they hard to install and any other mods have to be done. Wanting to level mine out trying to decide cheapest route

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just installed 4 inch sky jacker springs in my 78 bronco last week
Going 2 inches you use 2 degree C bushings. Energy suspension has a good 14 piece kit. All the bushings for the radius arms and track bar are included. It’s a fairly big job but you can get it done in one day.
you will have to disconnect drive shaft track bar drag link from pitman arm (need a pickle fork) all the shocks and steering stabilizer. And probably the brake line.
jack the frame up and stretch out the suspension. Remove springs and reasembkr

I have done the job several times over the years
Been running sky jacker coils since 1998 without and problem.
Super lift makes a good coil too

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,332 Posts
I've removed a few coils from dentside fords. Not too tough.

Jack the truck up and set the frame on jack stands, letting the suspension hang. Then place two more jack stands under the axle, so it doesnt fall. Remove the bolt holding the upper retaining clip in. Then you have to remove the nut in the bottom of the spring. Sometimes you can get a socket and ratchet in there, sometimes just a wrench. Then pull the spring. Then reverse the process.

Make sure the suspension is at full droop, so a compressed spring doesnt fly out and take your head off. A strap of some kind can be used for an extra margin of safety.

Of course you'll have to get it aligned after, with new c-bushings to correct castor. This would be a good time to do all the bushings on the front suspension.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
937 Posts
I have a 4" BDS on my 78. The front is ok but the rear uses a 2" block with a THICK add a leaf this is stiff. Have you used the Superlift rear springs?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have been running the Skyjacker 4" springs since 2003, but had the 2" leveling springs in there before as well. Very good spring with durable coating on them as well. They were very simple to install.

Reactions: Desert Bronco
1 - 5 of 5 Posts