Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 04 f350 hydroboost from the JY today. I browsed through some threads mentioning upgrading the front calipers and the rear drum. Will this be necessary on a 96 bronco stock brake system or is it pretty much plug and play. I also read that the f350 uses 1/4 brake lines. Will the the 3/16 lines on the bronco work or do I need to upgrade those as well?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just for the hydroboost conversion I wouldn't worry about brake line size or drums/rotors, I can lock my 33s up at any speed. you will want to find a diesel power steering reservoir (not required but has a second return line in it). I have the same booster you have installed in my truck. I had to modify the mounting bracket and the push rod from the pedal. I would recommend finding a pre 97 F-Superduty and getting the booster and lines from it. it will be a much easier swap for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for the hydroboost conversion I wouldn't worry about brake line size or drums/rotors, I can lock my 33s up at any speed. you will want to find a diesel power steering reservoir (not required but has a second return line in it). I have the same booster you have installed in my truck. I had to modify the mounting bracket and the push rod from the pedal. I would recommend finding a pre 97 F-Superduty and getting the booster and lines from it. it will be a much easier swap for you.
Thank you for the reply and that's good to know. I'll look into the reservoir. Yea it wasn't until I snagged it from the junkyard that I noticed the brake lines were on the opposite side of the MC. That poor truck was the gem of the junkyard and was nearly raped of everything. Was the modification difficult or relatively simple? I also snagged the brake pedal from that 350 just in case i could fab it to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts