Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else ever try to buy a CV axle for the new body style F150? my goodness took weeks to locate one, Napa is still on BO and O Reily's finally got one, and it didnt fit! looked like they stopped machining the wheel end about 2" short. The second one they got fit perfect. the part was $50 and the core chrg was $75!. also replaced rotors and pads while i was at it, took a little test ride out to some soft sand and little mud, all seems well

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
Those rebuilt CV axles are not worth their weight. I worked at a carquest and we would get returns on them all the time with people complaining that their orginal worn out ones were better.

The core is so high because they want it back so they can rebuild them.

I'm pretty sure cardone controls the market on rebuilt cv axle shafts. I wouldn't put cardone on my beater truck even if it was free.

I hope you ended up getting a good one.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Those rebuilt CV axles are not worth their weight. I worked at a carquest and we would get returns on them all the time with people complaining that their orginal worn out ones were better.

The core is so high because they want it back so they can rebuild them.

I'm pretty sure cardone controls the market on rebuilt cv axle shafts. I wouldn't put cardone on my beater truck even if it was free.

I hope you ended up getting a good one.
At work we produce boxes for Atsco, which is found in zone. I have no clue on quality but there is at least an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts