Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all would I need to do to put 06 f250 axles under my 78 bronco I found a set for $500 ?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
If these are the coil spring variety, RuffStuff has a kit to install them on any vehicle - this is not bolt on - you need to be able to fabricate.

The rear just needs new leaf spring perches properly spaced and angled.

You will need at least conversion u joints and possibly modifications to your drive shafts.

You will need new wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If these are the coil spring variety, RuffStuff has a kit to install them on any vehicle - this is not bolt on - you need to be able to fabricate.

The rear just needs new leaf spring perches properly spaced and angled.

You will need at least conversion u joints and possibly modifications to your drive shafts.

You will need new wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,523 Posts
The 05+ dana 60 and sterling 10.5 are significantly stronger than the 97 and prior stuff. You will have to get new wheels, due to bolt pattern and brake size. The smallest wheel you can run on those is a 17".

@curtwow has a dually set under his 79

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,568 Posts
Opinions vary on this. To me the old dana 60's are overpriced for dated technology. If I was going to the effort of putting one ton axles in my bronco it would be the Superduty set like you where asking about.
Bigger brakes, easier to find parts, disc brakes stock. Also can get the factory elocker for rear too. Are some of the reasons I say this

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,523 Posts
Opinions vary on this. To me the old dana 60's are overpriced for dated technology. If I was going to the effort of putting one ton axles in my bronco it would be the Superduty set like you where asking about.
Bigger brakes, easier to find parts, disc brakes stock. Also can get the factory elocker for rear too. Are some of the reasons I say this
I tend to agree. The new 05+ stuff is leaps and bounds above the previous models. Even the axle tubes are thicker and bigger in diameter. I have a NIB e-locker for a sterling 10.5 on my shelf. At ~$600, it's the cheapest selectable locker around. It can be made to work in a 10.25 though too.

However, the JY doesnt care what it is from. Either a 96 or 2008 axle is the same price. I've got two 97 and back d60s, just $200 in each one. One is going in my 88 f250 which already has the sterling 10.25 with 8x6.5 bp. So sometimes, the older stuff is fine. The one thing I dont like about the 05+ axles is the huge radius arm mounts. But some chopping and welding can fix that.

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts

05+ D60 knuckle vs OBS you tell me which is a better axle. Get the frame mounts for the coil springs and shocks and the arm I can remember name of.

·
Addicted to Junk
11,523 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts