Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Thats how my half doors are. instead of cutting off the entire top, i left the top hoop on. So then you rivet some buttons on wherever you want, and have someone make you a soft door.

like so (pic before completion):

dont have any of it complete.

is this what you were going for?

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Im bored... 1/4 doors.. with skins n stuff.

MuddyBronco13 said:

whats the point of having it that low, just take the whole door off
for me (if i ever do it) it would be like having no doors but still being able to button on a door and window in the middle of nowhere..

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Another good reason for having the bottoms is so that nothing falls out of your vehicle.

Oh, and around here, The Law requires 4 inches of door at least. So thats why mine are 4".

·
Registered
156 Posts
Raf Your my idol

Ive been wanting to do the same thing for a couple months now and you just Made me the blue prints !!

THANX :beer :beer

O the reason i wouldnt take my doors off is

My bro took the doors off his cherokee and i swear they never went back on strait because of all the body roll caused by wheeling (of course that was on a uni body :banghead )

so thats another reason to not be takeing your doors on and off and on and off

Matt--

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
MattBFromlacey said:
My bro took the doors off his cherokee and i swear they never went back on strait because of all the body roll caused by wheeling (of course that was on a uni body :banghead )
like you said, thats a unibody. they have to have doors or a cage or else the body collapses when you flex it. although, i still wouldn't take my doors off unless i had a cage in my bronco.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
I think it would look cooler if you mated the A-pillar angle to the angle down by the seat.

Cut straight down from the A-pillar to the bottom. Cut the same distance from the top of the B-pillar. Then match the A-pillar angle to conect to 2 cuts. Am I making sence? :banghead :brownbag

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
ya, that would look a little better. IIRC there is a guy on explorer4x4.com that got snap on windows made for his exploder, may want to check that out for the maker of his, they did a good job

wes

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im thinking of doing this later this month or early next.. (as soon as i can find some doors)...

didnt someone recently do this.. I cant remember who.. :(

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks...

hit up the junk yard and came across an F-150 with my name written on the damn doors.. Weird stuff so i figured it was meant to be and i got them.. Should be a fun project..

1 - 20 of 157 Posts