Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
thanks...

hit up the junk yard and came across an F-150 with my name written on the damn doors.. Weird stuff so i figured it was meant to be and i got them.. Should be a fun project..

If you don't mind me asking. How much did those run you? I've wanted some to mock some door panels off of.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,573 Posts
Raffa-
We should do our doors together....I got a set just about like that....no name tho.
Keep me motivated to actually finish them....

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
chambiec1 said:
Haha... why was your name on there?
fate? i dunno.. kinda spooky...

crawler said:
If you don't mind me asking. How much did those run you? I've wanted some to mock some door panels off of.
I cant say where i got them cause i dont want the guy to get in trouble but i got them for about 24 bucks each. they are listed on the wall at 48 bucks each and they are pretty strict with prices.. The guy is a wheeler and hooked me up.

locopny said:
Raffa-
We should do our doors together....I got a set just about like that....no name tho.
Keep me motivated to actually finish them....
Im already done cutting mine up.. Just need to buy some sheetmetal and some time to weld it up.. Im down to help you with yours. :rockon

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
How ya gonna work the soft door...zip in or snap in?

·
4,573 Posts
doubt you will need the braces inside. the filler should act as the brace you willl be looking for.

DAMN you are quick.
I only have mine marked out...and no grinding wheels....

welder was plugged in too all ready to weld.

EDIT: have you found a source for pins to replace the stock hinge "pin"??

If you do find it let me know as I will need 4 of them also.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
GHOSTRIDER said:
How ya gonna work the soft door...zip in or snap in?
both.. the soft door will snap in and it will have a zipper to remove the top half of it. you can sort of see my idea in the first page.

ColoradoBronc said:
Must be nice to have sunshine to work in all the time, .
the weather has been sucking lately.. got lucky today..

locopny said:
doubt you will need the braces inside. the filler should act as the brace you willl be looking for.
im thinking since they are low me and my passengers will step on them go get in. I dont want it to sink in. Plus i have a bunch of scrap 1x1 tubing..
DAMN you are quick.
I only have mine marked out...and no grinding wheels....

welder was plugged in too all ready to weld.
harbor freight is your friend...

EDIT: have you found a source for pins to replace the stock hinge "pin"??

If you do find it let me know as I will need 4 of them also.
not sure if im gonna do quick release pins.. It didnt take me long to pull the doors. Ill just deal with the bolts..

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Real cool looking, Raffa. Why did you tape off the doors on the bko, though? :shrug

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
chambiec1 said:
Real cool looking, Raffa. Why did you tape off the doors on the bko, though? :shrug
Paint wont chip off that way. Cutting on paint - Tape it up and cut on the tape. Unless you just dont care about the paint at all.

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i did that because i wanted to step back and see what it would like like on the bronco. I also wanted to set the heights of the cut right.. I dont want the door to interfere with the seat.. After that i made a template which i transfered to the donor doors..

i ground off most of the paint an hour or so ago.. :toothless

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
i did that because i wanted to step back and see what it would like like on the bronco. I also wanted to set the heights of the cut right.. I dont want the door to interfere with the seat.. After that i made a template which i transfered to the donor doors..

i ground off most of the paint an hour or so ago.. :toothless
:histerica Well I know thats why people will tape up painted stuff they are going to cut. That was my best explination other than the obvious: its so you can follow it as a guideline. With them being spare doors I didnt really see why you would need to save the paint anyways. Just a guess :slap

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
i used tape to protect the paint when i did my fenders.. worked pretty good.
:stupid

i used some electric tape..to get the nice curves where needed, helped keep it together a lil better, but just had to watch the heat if grinding and not using a sawzall

·
4,573 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
harbor freight is your friend...

not sure if im gonna do quick release pins.. It didnt take me long to pull the doors. Ill just deal with the bolts..
So is Home depot where I went to get some so I could get started too.
See you got me motivated already. :thumbup Mine are different than yours and I only got one cut tonight. may have had both but Depot was busy.

I think I'm gonna do brass bushings and a bolt with wing nut for hinge pins. that way it should be easier to get them swapped. plus lining them up should be a snap.

21 - 40 of 157 Posts