Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, my 79 bronco was making a horrible ticking noise so i put her in the garage an jacked her up to find out that even when my hub is in free, the shaft still spins. so i guess my hub is blew up. but then i was thinking, its still like it when both hubs are locked in, and i used to drive my old B2 and all my buddys drove their trucks with the front hubs locked in so when you get in a deep spot you dont need to get out and lock them, and it never ticked like that. so is something blew up in my front diff? no big deal if it is, since i got spares.
and this all started after i got her stuck in a bug mud hole
thanks guys

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope i just got the outside part off last night and hopefully the rest will come out tonight

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Ya gotta take the rest out and look for metal shavings or something missing. Its hard to diagnose a tick on your hubs from a web page, without everything being removed and looked at

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok now i cant get the damn hub off. i got the outter peice off and the big snap ring on the hub and the small one on the axle shaft and i screw in some screws and tried pulling out out and nothin works. i got a free outter factory manual hub and a warn premium one. should i just put these back on and see if that will fix the trouble?
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts