Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,ive found a set of 1ton f350 2wd coil spings.will these harm the truck without a lift? I have a broke spring on my 95 bronc drivers side.Ive only heard one opinion so far
Theyre off a 1986 truck at the j.yard 25 bucks each :thumbup

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called Napa to see if they had f350 1 ton coils.he asked what i was gonna put them on. so i told him a bronco then he 's telling me about the spring rate!!!???
95 bko stock spring rate 1428 lbs (brand new $86 bucks a pair)
f350 2wd 1 ton spring rate 1442 lbs and are only 1 inch longer than stock bronco coils
f250 hd deisel 2wd 1993 springs are 2 inches shorter??? this is what he told me.
Not so sure about the junkyard coils now since they are off a 86 250 hd 2wd

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
i like the way shit flexes.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
don't knock it 'til you try it.

That is how I did my lift 1-ton coils. I put RS5000s under the front, too...Ride is more smooth or at least just as smooth as it was stock.

As for flex - the only offroad that my '95 sees anyway is when I want to get to a fishin' hole or in the mud...not a lot of flex needed anyway.

I highly recommened the 1-ton coils. But yes, do count on having to have the camber adjusted. Just remember to give it a few weeks to let the coils "settle out."

:santa
Bill

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
dude i can tell by looking at your pictures that your alignment is shitty with the 1 ton coils. stiffer ride, less flex, yadda yadda yadda. just get a real lift kit, you'll be much better off in the long run.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Dude...
That picture is from right in the MIDDLE of the coil swap. So yeah, my alignment is off. But it's better now. I let the coils settle out; then had the alignment redone. If I had a digital camera I would post another picture.

If you looked my picture THAT close, you would also have nocited that the passanger side is jacked up and the wheel is off. Go figure.

:santa
Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts