Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just figured out my mpg......I guess thats not too bad concidering i have a 302/aod with 35's and stock gears......i wonder how much the 35's affect gas miledge?

Gas is killing me lately...i may have to switch back to tiny tires!
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,299 Posts
Greenmustanggt said:
i just figured out my mpg......I guess thats not too bad concidering i have a 302/aod with 35's and stock gears......i wonder how much the 35's affect gas miledge?

Gas is killing me lately...i may have to switch back to tiny tires!
I'd bet you're losing 4 mpg

turning those honkin' heavy 35s with stock gears and 5.0 litre. I gained over 3 mpg just moving back from severly agressive 31" mudders to regular 235/75/15s.

Keep the 35s for weekend 4 wheeling if you're driving the bronco on the street through the week.

Sixlitre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oooo yeah....i have not calibrated the speedo.......Would miledge go up or down?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,407 Posts
10.5 is pretty good! :thumbup But I couldnt afford that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Normal Mileage is Almost None

I've 35 x 12.5 Procomps on mine, with K&N and 3" exhaust. 10.7 is about my average - highway or noway. You're obviously getting the best you can. MSD will burn it a bit more efficient on the low end - so if you feel like spending $ 300 for no reason but performance, that's about all you can add without getting radical.

goOff Jumbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh ok, so if you do the math i get 12 something MPG....wow....thats actually not bad concidering that its not re-geared.....i guess the truck is in a good state of tune!
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,299 Posts
Greenmustanggt said:
oh ok, so if you do the math i get 12 something MPG....wow....thats actually not bad concidering that its not re-geared.....i guess the truck is in a good state of tune!
Imagine how much better an un-geared 5.0 litre can do without them 35s.

Now imagine it next time you're at the pumps

Sixlitre
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,299 Posts
Crazed said:
Aww come on you cant tell him to take the 35's off, thats what these big ass trucks are for...to be big!!
You gotta keep em' for when you're offroad

and stick to the little ones 95% of the street time IMO

Sixlitre
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Oh man imagine the possibilities if you were to go to a 14", or dare I dream it, a 13" tire. Woooo Hooo....where did I put my escort tires? Broncos are meant to have big tires....want mileage, buy a hybrid.
 

·
Practicing Infidel
Joined
·
15,299 Posts
Paul91 said:
Oh man imagine the possibilities if you were to go to a 14", or dare I dream it, a 13" tire. Woooo Hooo....where did I put my escort tires? Broncos are meant to have big tires....want mileage, buy a hybrid.
235/75/15 is a stock option for Broncos

ain't nobody suggestin' 13s (at this point). During that Exploder tire scare, when every 15" tire on the planet was getting bought up by their owners, I was given a brand new set of 275/60/15 Dunlop GTs. They worked great as they weren't a heavy tire and were almost the standard height of the normal 29" tire.

Sixlitre
 

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
Joined
·
5,354 Posts
Last month I was getting an average of 10.5 with 33 inch muds, factory gears...now brace yourselves...Seafoamed the intake and gas tank and mileage is now at 14. Best 10 bucks I ever spent.
 

·
Sway's jealous of my
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
Seafoam is good for dirty engines. I did it to mine...not a thing. Just keep your chit clean in the first place =P

I look forward to seeing how far down my truck goes. 16-17 now...wonder where i"ll end up with 4.56's and 35's with the SAS...
 

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
Joined
·
5,354 Posts
Good advice for the original owner, but when you dont know the previous maintainance record all you can do is pour it in and hope for the best.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top