Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the idea of buying a 99 or later sterling rear and onverting the lug pattern to 8x6.5 from the metri 8x170. The only thing I can find online is the idea of having the hubs redrilled (Thus having 16 holes) by a maching shop and then filling in the old and machining the hubs flat. Then getting new rotors obviously.

Anyone know of any other options??

I want to keep with sterling for the ease of installation (From what i have been told it is pretty much a bolt on trade). And with the newer rear I would have rear disks already mounted.

Thanks in advance.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
that seems like alot more hassle than buying a regular long pinion 10.25 and converting it to discs. but thats just me
:stupid Either put discs on an older one or find a metric front to match the rear.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:stupid Either put discs on an older one or find a metric front to match the rear.
I already have a 79 D60 front so looks like I will be adding the disks:toothless.

Just a thought, thanks for the input.:thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.