Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as most of you know I ripped off my front bumper :doh0715:
But that was just an excuse to make new mounts and get all new grade 8 hardware

The flat plate on the bottom is going to get 2 bolts on each side but I havent done that yet. The angle brackets get 3 bolts each all grade 8 1/2" diameter. So 5 bolts per side. The brackets are spaced perfect so the bumper has to be shoved on and can not move in any direction even without any bolts in place.

And I changed my tow points from

To this with the plates welded together

Here's what it looks like almost done, and my new 33x12.5 mall terrains :goodfinge

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last 2 bolts are in on the drivers side

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since some people have no idea why I needed new brackets here's the story again.

I really low on gas... but I was at a gas station but it was closed for the winter and I didnt realize it. So I was cutting across the snowy parking lot and got stuck in parking lot in 2wd. When I got out to lock my hubs my truck died because it was empty. So I called a buddy to tow me across the parking lot. Well the icy parking lot on a hill was too much for the little colorado to get me going so I told the guy to give'r'hell and it ripped right off took the 1/4" stock mounting plate right off the frame on the passengers side and broke the 2 bolts on the drivers side. It was pretty funny

YES 10 bolts is overkill

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Lookin good...

But still needs more cowbell. :twotu:

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
It's a superduper sway bar that prevents my 33's from rubbing a lot, I think... The bumper drops my front end about 3/4" and so with out it they never rub but with it on I have to be careful when I'm flexed out at the mall like this

jb77714 said:
i like the tires
They're quiet, balanced with less than 3 ounces on each tire, one only needed .75, and they're nice in the snow... I cant wait to get stuck with them :cry

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I was gonna say "nice sway bar" too but I still have mine on the front too. :brownbag

Looks good though. I doubt you'll have to worry about it coming off again.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Well Todd when we get back to school im gunna hook the tow strap on and see if we can rip it off again, the is the best "wheeling" moment so far this school year. From broken axle shafts to blown diffs to ripping ur "heavy duty" bumper clean off with a little 1/4 ton inline 5 cylinder colorado. Hopefully this is 100 times stronger than before.
Good thing it didnt break when we were wheeling in the mud and snow and sh!t cuz getting you out would have been a pain is the ass without a front bumper or tow points.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
84brownbronco said:
Well Todd when we get back to school im gunna hook the tow strap on and see if we can rip it off again, the is the best "wheeling" moment so far this school year. From broken axle shafts to blown diffs to ripping ur "heavy duty" bumper clean off with a little 1/4 ton inline 5 cylinder colorado. Hopefully this is 100 times stronger than before.
Good thing it didnt break when we were wheeling in the mud and snow and sh!t cuz getting you out would have been a pain is the ass without a front bumper or tow points.
For some odd reason I through my old 10k bolt on hooks in my trail bag today, I hope we never need them but you'll be there if we do

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yeah i have a set of tow hooks that matt was gunna put on the bad ass wheeling durango but if he isnt then ill get them back from him just incase. The stupid shit we do you never knwo what we will break next.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
we should just bolt a strap to the durango that way it wont fall off one of the hooks. hell we could leave the strap attached to my truck while we're wheeling and I could pull him instead of bobby and the colorado

better idea we test out the sawzall til my dunlop 33's fit on the durango

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
guys on some dodge forum claim to run 33's on durango's with only minor rubbing when turned at full lock so call him up and tell him to mount the suckers on there and see how they fit. put a tube in the one that is chewed up and he would be all set. Could off-road as good as a buick then.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
84brownbronco said:
guys on some dodge forum claim to run 33's on durango's with only minor rubbing when turned at full lock so call him up and tell him to mount the suckers on there and see how they fit. put a tube in the one that is chewed up and he would be all set. Could off-road as good as a buick then.
I run 31's on my stock Dakota (Durango - minus the cab) and i rub. Unless things have changed since the 97 model year, i doubt he will fit 33's stock.

But hell, sell him the tires......not your problem if they don't fit.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thats what we figure Todd has a sawzall and grinder at his house at school we can make anything fit with a little trimming. As todd himself once said "they dont rub much i mean they wont after i trim a lot"

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bronco Rob said:
I run 31's on my stock Dakota (Durango - minus the cab) and i rub. Unless things have changed since the 97 model year, i doubt he will fit 33's stock.

But hell, sell him the tires......not your problem if they don't fit.
Good idea Rob, I need the money and the kid is a retard. Still cant see a Durango clearing 33's especially since mine rub and the Bronco's a hell of a lot bigger

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
todd, how much did the new tires cost?
im about to get some 31's sometime this week hopefully

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
jb77714 said:
todd, how much did the new tires cost?
im about to get some 31's sometime this week hopefully
Sam's Club had 33x12.5x15 BFG mall terrains for $139 a piece with $12 install but they were special order only and I needed them this week. So I called up TireRack.com and they had them for $133 plus $15 to mount so I drove 140miles each way to tire rack to pick them up since I needed them this week. So with gas $650. Shipping would have been $50 but I drove my bro's ranger there for about $45. So now I've got a nice set of tires for a DD and I need to sell a set of Dunlop Mud Rovers with about 60% tread and 1 with a hole in it.

FYI this is my second set of 33's and they're a good fit little trim and you're fine. My old 32x11.5's looked small and couldnt rub on a bet. I'd hate to have 31's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts