Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '96 is currently at about 97,000 miles. By the time my next oil change is due, it will be at about 100000. When I bought the truck in Feb., I did a complete tune-up: spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, rotor, and cap. My oil changes have been pretty consistent every 3000 miles. Is there anything I should check when I hit the milestone? The air filter is a K&N, it was there when I bought it, and I was thinking I should clean the filter. Can you guys let me know of anything else I should upgrade/check/replace? Thanks.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
check all your fluids (brake fluid, power steering, tranny, axles, t case)
check the cap and rotor, pull the plugs and check them to see if any cylinder is running rich or lean

also check tie rod ends, ball joints, brakes, tires, u joints, hubs, slop in any of the ring and pinions, and anything else that you can see and think of.

it really doesn't take that long to check everything that really needs to be checked and it could save your ass big time.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
How about just starting at the front bumper and finish at the rear. If you haven't ever went over your bronco then just start there and check everything; wiring, lights, fluids, bushings, grease fittings, rubber, bolts, shocks, etc, etc. Make a note of everything or fix as you go along.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Now is the perect time to lift it and upgrade to some big meats. Maybe a locker for the rear. Winch and bumper.

Seriously though, if you don't know that the trans was ever serviced, I would recommend against doing a trans service. Other than that keep up on the PM and it should last another 100k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts