Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 520 Posts

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock PS pump took a dump on me a few weeks ago, gave me an exucse to upgrade to MUCH better saginaw pump. Yeah most of you guys think sag pump=custom mods/brackets. well i was talkin to a fellow FTW member, told be about the sag pump that directly bolts up. Ordered the pump and installed it on Sunday. I didnt get pics of the "swap" becuse its the same steps that you have to do to replace the stock pump. Though i did steal a bunch of pics of 94bronco351's swap Get a Haynes/Chiltons book, helps a bunch.

autozone Part #206244 print this page out when you go to get the pump- makes what ur tryin to explain much easier
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=A1C&mfrpartnumber=206244

the powersteering pump bracket out

remove pump pully, i got this pully remover from autozone loan-a-tool

after the pully is off remove the 3 bolts that holds the pump on then it comes right off. bolt the new pump up and use the included bolt, washer and nut to install the pully

installed back in the truck blead and ready to go

note- the pics are a collection from when we did the swap on a 351 (who is now runnin the Redneck ram steering with this) and my 300.

:toothless

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
It's not from anything originaly.

It's a special built Saginaw hybrid built by A-1 Cardone designed to replace factory ford pumps.

It's basicly a regular Ford van Sag with a big horseshoe shaped adapter bracket on the front and connections that should mach up to the regular truck hoses.

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
Will that work as a direct swap on a 94. i am about to have to get one so if it will im all over it.

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
Would that work for the 302 as well?
Gacknar said:
It will bolt up forsure. The most you would need is a diferant pressure hose.
he just answered that.

where would one get a different pressure hose?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
So this one will bolt up right to the stock bracket without modding or building a new brackst the only thing is the high pressure line. does anyone have a part number on the high pressure line.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
does anyone have a part number on the high pressure line.
It's for a 78-79 Bronco.

You have an internet connection.

Look it up at any parts store website. :thumbup

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
Geeze I don't know why you guys have so much trouble finding the right bracket. I see them all the time at my local yard. If I had any ambition I would gather them up and start whoreing them out.

dc

·
green ones make me horny
11,156 Posts
Dangling_Dave said:
Geeze I don't know why you guys have so much trouble finding the right bracket. I see them all the time at my local yard. If I had any ambition I would gather them up and start whoreing them out.

dc

no one is having a problem apparently this one will bolt right up to the stock bracket. i was asking about the high pressure line

1 - 20 of 520 Posts