Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 10deg caster to much for my bronco with 9in SAS, 460cid and running 42x15r16 tsl's. I haven't finished my radius arm mounts yet and am at a stage where I could just finish it or should I start all over. I am running a 7deg poly c-bushing as well.

Stock I think there running around 7deg caster and I was told at one time to put a bit more caster in it to help keep the truck steering center on the highway with a large tire.

Any opinions or fact would be great. Thanks:beer

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I continue with my radius mounts and just change the c-bushing to say a 4deg or close??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it all together now and so far I have left the caster angle alone. I think I might have measured it wrong. With it sitting on the ground fully settled I used a angle finder on the top flat part of the knuckle, is that gonna give me the proper caster? or should I wait to do anything until I get it back from a alignment shop?

Moving it around my shop the steering feels good and easy to turn and has good self-centering. The stock saginaw pump isn't crying out or anything. Stopped, I can easily turn it full lock to lock:beer.

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
Got it all together now and so far I have left the caster angle alone. I think I might have measured it wrong. With it sitting on the ground fully settled I used a angle finder on the top flat part of the knuckle, is that gonna give me the proper caster? or should I wait to do anything until I get it back from a alignment shop?

Moving it around my shop the steering feels good and easy to turn and has good self-centering. The stock saginaw pump isn't crying out or anything. Stopped, I can easily turn it full lock to lock:beer.
did you try to set the caster w/o the wieght on it the first time??!!!!

measure from the bottom of the c, i know some measure from the kingpin cap bolts too

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was fully weighted the first time, I just couldn't turn it because I didn't have the track arm bracket in.

What do you mean by measure from the bottom of the c.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the best thing to do would be to get a wheel alignment. Analize the data and re-adjust once instead of buying a whole bunch of different bushing. It would be nice to turn the axle up (pinion) so I'm going to shoot for around 6deg I think.:beer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts