Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
For Saginaw swap the Saginaw ps pulley must be from another vbelt 300. I don't recall ever seeing a dual pulley all ones I've came across were single. The vbelt small block Saginaw pulley is also different from the vbelt 300 sag pulley.

·
Super Moderator
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
So far so good. I'll have to pick up a belt today that fits to give it the final test, but the pulley went on without a hitch.
It was very snug, but also went on smoothly. I'm definitely glad I didn't go with the 3/4" as I think 0.750 would have been too lose. It very much feels like 19mm (0.748") is the correct diameter.

Wish I'd had time to clean it up and paint it, but I need to get my steering back, and I have a trip planned for this weekend. So it goes on dirty. :D

It's probably 1% smaller in diameter, if that. Nothing to be concerned about.

For future reference: E3TC-3D673-CA

Pressed on. It now lines up with the front pulley! It looks a little crooked since the PS pump bolts are loose.

I'll report back once a belt is on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ahhh....

After a week of driving to work and back without power steering, it almost felt weird having my butter smooth, single finger steering again.

And with that, the 3G install with v-belts is done!

Plenty of amps, A/C, and power steering.

So, it can be done!

·
Super Moderator
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, put 300 hard miles on it this weekend. Went way up into the mountains, steep rocky roads, low range, 4x4, you name it, and it was awesome the whole way. So, I'd say it was a success all around.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Sounds like a successful shakedown "cruise" :ford Glad to hear it.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,823 Posts
Well, put 300 hard miles on it this weekend. Went way up into the mountains, steep rocky roads, low range, 4x4, you name it, and it was awesome the whole way. So, I'd say it was a success all around.
:useless

·
Super Moderator
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Oh....
Alright

|

My brother took a video of the water crossing, but can't seem to figure out how to get it to me.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Wow! That's some beautiful country. Great way to spend the weekend.

I see you have the lights on in the last pic testing the new 3G :ford

·
Super Moderator
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sure did! Heh, turning the headlights on is such a habit, I didn't even think about it. (I probably used my turn signals on the dirt roads too. :toothless )

Put the EFI to the test too, with the steep angles, bumpy roads, and going from 2500 to 8500 feet.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,823 Posts
Saw one van in the yards today with a 300. It was an early 80s van, with AC.

Here is the Saginaw in its 'natural' environment. Notice the pulley locating the belt on the center pulley of the WP. That pulley had an E0xx part number. The bracket was slightly different than mine, mostly involving the rear brace. I left it, since I dont need it.

I also saw a factory Saginaw in a 1990 ish (first gen) dodge Dakota. It had a flat pulley like mine.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Go back and claim it. Don't want it getting crushed. Then post it online for sale. Ask a fair price. Cost plus gas and time. Others are in need of it and if left may end up getting crushed.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,823 Posts
I probably should... it's only 75 minutes each way lol. It's been there a while, in the back, hard to get to with the loader. Next to it is a 90 something Ford with tress growing out of the bed. So I dont think it'll go anywhere before I can get back to it.

·
Super Moderator
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I agree, those brackets are highly saught after.
You can buy the pump at any autoparts store, but the brackets are junk yard only!
I knew a few who'd been on the lookout for a few years before tracking down a set. Someone'll buy them!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts