Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have searched and searched so here goes. I have read every 1356 thread on rebuilds but each one is manual shift. They are very similar but are different as far as shift linkage. I replaced the chain and with the cases split everything works fine. But, when I try to put the cases back together the rear shaft side is tight and when I tighten bolts nothing turns. Does it have to be somewhere other than two wheel drive for reassembly? There must be a simple trick that I haven't found yet. Simple answer for a stupid question would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
snazy52 said:
Hey guys, I have searched and searched so here goes. I have read every 1356 thread on rebuilds but each one is manual shift. They are very similar but are different as far as shift linkage. I replaced the chain and with the cases split everything works fine. But, when I try to put the cases back together the rear shaft side is tight and when I tighten bolts nothing turns. Does it have to be somewhere other than two wheel drive for reassembly? There must be a simple trick that I haven't found yet. Simple answer for a stupid question would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately what you have discovered is that not many folks play with an internal rebuild of an electric shift. I hope someone chimes in for ya, you have to chock me up to one of the many that went the way of the manual shift.

However, in several weeks once my electric is pulled I'll open the case up and take some pics for ya, not sure you can wait that long though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts