Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched, and while there has been some discussion on this topic, there never seems to have been a firm answer to the question. I have a 79 Dana 60 front axle, and a 14 bolt rear. If my understanding is correct, the Dana 60 should have 3.125" tubes, and the 14 bolt 3.25" tubes. What size U-bolt is the right ones for these applications? I'll be doing a U-bolt flip on the Dana 60, so the spring plates will be on top. Anyone have a firm answer on this?

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hmm, you'd think nobody on this board ever installed a 14 bolt rear or a dana 60 front?

Heres is what I found using Autozone's website for replacement U-bolts for a 78 GM 3/4 Ton pickup.

THREAD SIZE .625 IN.; INSIDE WIDTH 3.625 IN.; INSIDE LENGTH 12 IN.;

5/8" thread, 3 5/8" inside bend, 12" long stock.

Still haven't found anything on the front 60, other than 1 4" U-bolt on the drivers side casting.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jam0o0 said:
maybe ask in the solid axle forum? and if you want info on the 60 wouldn't you be looking under 1 ton not 3/4 ton?
For the 14 bolt 3/4 or 1 ton both suffice. I edited the above post to clarify GM on that info. As stated, I don't have info on the 60 yet. I'm thinking 3", just seems weird with 3 1/8" tubes? This should be fine in general tech.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts