Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy351 i need help
ive read the stuff at pirate and ive read all the 14 bolt stuff i can find. Only thing im wondering is when i get my hands of one:

1: Im looking for one with 4.10 or 4.56 gears in it. Anyone know what i should be looking for? axel tag and what codes are which if i do find an axel tag.
2: Newer or older? i think the newer ones come with disk brakes and im pretty sure i can find a way to make the brakes work. Will those disk fit under a 15 inch wheel though???i dont want something to old however b/c i dont feel like rebuilding it. Just throwing a detroit in it.
3: On that ive heard that some of them came with a detroit. how do i find this? obviously if i spin the tires and they both spin like a locker i know its there...but did they come with any other kinds or just the detroit. Any LS's out there?
4: Do any of them have the proper spring perch spacing to bolt into a 91 BKO? just a thought

i know all of the axel work that has to be done and i am just considering this bc the 14bolt is strong and so cheap to build

thanx

DC

EDIT: Now that ive read this i just thought to my self that i can just turn the drive shaft for R&P and turn the tires to see if its a lcoker...sorry..thanx for any other advice you guys have though

·
Registered
548 Posts
Well I dont know very much on 14bolts. I dont think that they came with a detroit in them. Maybe a Limited Slip. Also 4:56 are kinda low for a factory axle arent they?

·
Try it now!!
9,125 Posts
Military versions had detroits and 4.56 per Billa Vista writeup.

It cost me 180 bucks to have a professional fab and weld up disk brake brackets, weld spring perches. Very custom and lots of trial and error to get it fitted. 3 hours shop time.

-Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts