Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
already broke the 9". i'm either gonna do a dana 70 (which i'm having trouble finding) or a 14 bolt. dana 60 up front. am i gonna have to have two seperate bolt patterns for the rims? or is there a way to convert the 14bolt to the 5 on 5.5? if anyone cant point me in the right direction i would appreciate it, tried searching but no luck.

·
oscar espinoza
1,538 Posts
well my 14 bolt and hd44 are the same bolt patern..I believ the d60. I as well

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
8 lug pattern is the same ford, dodge, and chevy untill the late 90's when they went to metric. You can use Ford 8 lug outers or chevy stuff it will bolt up. Unless you have some serious money to spend on machining a set of custom 5 lug 14 bolt hubs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's the thing. just bought these rims for the 9" and 44. hate to not be able to use em. they're the 5 lugs. may have to keep looking for the dana 70.i think it's 5 lug.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
son of a bizzitch. back to the drawing board. i actually have a set of 8 lug rims off a 14 bolt. sounds like a bigger project than i can afford right now. i 'll have to fix the 9" for now and start collecting parts to do the conversion.thanks for the input guys.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Spyn Tech and a few others offer a 5x5.5 hub for a 14 bolt.

Apparently the outside of the stock hub can be turned down and then re-drilled for 5x5.5 also.

I would give you the link but I recently lost all my book marks when our computer pooped out and I had to re-boot windows.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You said in your original post that you were going to upgrade to a dana 60 front right? If yes, then you will eventually need 8 lug wheels unless you plan on machining down the front hub too.

That being said, it might be easier and less expensive to just re-invest in some 8 lug wheels. If your current wheels are still new, they can still bring some decent cash, and you wont be out of pocket by too much after everything is said and done.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
How long did it take to break it?? I got my 78 on 38.5's with a 460..

Lets see some pics of your truck.

Ill whore mine.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
If you have not gernaded a nine yet then that 460 is definatly wimpy. I was breaking them with 35's

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
Hijack lol
I just wasted my 9" last week to Stock motor and 35's . I snapped the carrier in half.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
been taking it easy on it since the engine is still being broken in. but i got about 5 good hard runs ( putting it to the floor) before something inside the carrier broke. i'll do some pic whoring soon as i can find my camera.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You said in your original post that you were going to upgrade to a dana 60 front right? If yes, then you will eventually need 8 lug wheels unless you plan on machining down the front hub too.

That being said, it might be easier and less expensive to just re-invest in some 8 lug wheels. If your current wheels are still new, they can still bring some decent cash, and you wont be out of pocket by too much after everything is said and done.
yeah i realize now i'm gonna have to go 8 lug. not that my new rims are fancy or anything, just hate to have to loose coin on em. i have a full spool for the 9", but i like driving the pig on the street. on the other hand it would be a cheap temporary fix for the 9". i don't wanna waste a bunch of $$ on something i'm gonna keep breaking.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
found a 14 bolt for 150 clams. for the front i'm bouncing around some different ideas. i was thinking dana 60. the biggest tire i plan on running is maybe 40". but prolly 39's. so i was thinking instead of dana 60, maybe converting to 8 lug d44 and using the rcv shafts? i like the idea of buying the last set of shafts in my life. and a lot less work work than a d60 conversion.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Do the 60.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts