Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went off roading this past weekend. Well only got stuck once.
But trying to get unstuck involved LOTS of high speed wheel spinning :toothless

All the pics are with JHEW, hasn't got them up yet :shrug

Well 15PSI aparantly is too low for stock tires.
I had to pay $10 today to have a tire removed cleaned, and put back on the rim. Some how I got dirt inside without letting the air out :shrug Only clue was a handfull of weeds sticking into the tire bead. I looked harmless untill I tried to remove it, they went UNDER the bead :banghead

I would have said screw it! still holds air :toothless
But.... with my high speed antics I thought that might be an exploder/firestone roll over re-enactment

·
Registered
239 Posts
yes yes, my brother was using the camera for something but i'm getting the pictures uploaded now, can't say how good they will turn out tho because it was kinda dark for most of it lol, well the good stuff anyway :D... and you weren't the only one that walked away with damage, i don't think my rear bumper will EVER be the same :( lol...

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Yep, just pop the bead and get a wire brush or wheel and clean the bead on the rim and air back up. Thats all I do..

Only think I know of to stop that is to get bead locks or stay on the road.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next time I'll pull the bumper off. You need a better one anyway.

That POS is like 5 pieces held togeather with crayons :lolup

My tow strap is still in the drivway dry'n from me hoseing it off 4 days ago

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bronco85 said:
Yep, just pop the bead and get a wire brush or wheel and clean the bead on the rim and air back up. Thats all I do..

Only think I know of to stop that is to get bead locks or stay on the road.
I had a local shope remove the tire. I cleaned up both beads with a grinder and they put the tire back on

·
Registered
239 Posts
lol, ya i'm kinda curious as to why that thing is so freakin flimsy, its not even funny :banghead... but ya, i just got my 30' 3" wide towstrap in the mail the other day, so that should be handy :D, and my come-a-long... the camera is downstairs in my brothers room right now so i cant go get it, but i'll swipe it from him tomorow and get everything uploaded, i might even remember the password to my server space so i can upload some video lol...

·
Registered
239 Posts
alright i'm pulling all the video right now, should have it edited by tonite, theres a lot of good stuff so i think i can put together a video of just that day... bummer part is, the ONLY picture that got taken was of the 2wd dodge when it got stuck in the ruts that lead up to the hill :banghead, guess noone knows how to take pictures with my camera lol, i'll have it uploaded soon...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts