Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to run h1 tire(36) but i am haveing trouble finding a steel rim besides procomp ive checked summit and jegs didnt find a 16.5 rim does anyone know where i can find them

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Just fyi, 16.5's dont have a good inner lip. You'll blow your bead countless times offroading.

The only reason hummer's run them is because they are double bead locked.

... there's a reason no one runs 16.5s Hahaha

·
Registered
180 Posts
all of us around here run 16.5 no problems just dont air down to 5psi. i have a set of old wheels that are 16.5 on 5x5.5, well a set of 2 of em. think i orderd them from 4wheel parts years ago. i prob ought to sell em.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
16.5's have no safety beads. Im not arguing that you have a chance of not blowing a bead, im just saying it will happen alot more frequently than regular rims. This is why they are unfavorable and hard to find.

Do your research b_eastep.

·
Registered
180 Posts
you might want to read my post agn. i never said they have safety beads i just said we have no problems with them. i know damn good and well they dont have safety beads. iv done my research.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
I run these 16.5 5 on 5 1/2 but i cant remember the brand. I air down all the time and the only time i have popped a bead was when i was below 5psi. And i air down more in 2 months then most ppl do in 2 yrs.
IMG_0676.JPG

·
Registered
339 Posts
Why don't you just run recentered H1 rims with 5x5.5 bolt pattern and run the double beadlock inserts?
http://www.trailworthyfab.com/ custom makes these in any backspace you want with any bolt pattern you want.
Lot of guys are running these with no issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can get recentered beadlocks which are 16.5" which give you a double bead lock with a 36" H1 tire for around $230.00 each. My last quote from Big-o was $180.00 just for the tires in a 35" each. I had 16.5 wheels for years and never had a problem.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Just fyi, 16.5's dont have a good inner lip. You'll blow your bead countless times offroading.

The only reason hummer's run them is because they are double bead locked.

... there's a reason no one runs 16.5s Hahaha
Actually hummers run them because most of them have run flats inserts. they're a pain to put in the tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts