Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure some of you guys have this rifle. Im lookin for reviews on it. Big5 is havin a sale, so its 40 bucks off and can be had for 200. Is that even a good deal? Anyways, just lookin for input on what you guys think about it.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
I got the Savage 17HMR...bad little round, no idea on the marlin thou. Marlins normally have pretty good rimfires?

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad deal for a .17HMR. They are a blast to shoot, I plan on getting one myself.

·
The Thread Killer
3,212 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me...you can't go wrong with Marlin rimfires and lever actions. :thumbup

·
Registered
458 Posts
My buddy has one and it is a nice rifle.I have a Savage,you will love the .17HMR round.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Sounds good, I have yet to shoot a .17 but its on my list. Seems like a bad little round thats for sure.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my birthday is in a few days, so im gonna get some mad money, so I'm pretty set on it.

Hey Peter if you're ever out this way hit me up and you can shoot it.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
awesome, say the day and ill head out that way. You can shoot the new .45 too (speaking of which, im going to the range tonight:chili:).

What ranges are out your way, or does a buddy have some property.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My parents may possibly buy me this rifle for my birthday...sweet!

man, the choices are unlimited out here for shooting! haha

Really, where ive gone shooting is my buddies property right down the road from me, ive gone to the Livermore gun range which i really liked, and also a range thats in the back roads from Tracy to Modesto which was a mom and pop range.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
i three have a marlin .17 hmr and dig it badly.... sweet rifle, ive posted pictures of mine around...

sum bitch i edited, i bought a marlin, not a savage. daym, howd i mess that up....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Marlin. IMO its one of the best rimfires you can get. I have a 22 magnum which is pretty simmilar to the 17 as far as the gun goes and I can't complain about anything on it except the factory trigger pull, but thats a bitch I got with any new gun.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
My parents may possibly buy me this rifle for my birthday...sweet!

man, the choices are unlimited out here for shooting! haha

Really, where ive gone shooting is my buddies property right down the road from me, ive gone to the Livermore gun range which i really liked, and also a range thats in the back roads from Tracy to Modesto which was a mom and pop range.
Let me know, im in,

Dont have them buy the rifle, have them give you the money, since its more work ant money to get it in your name

·
Registered
773 Posts
Definately Buy IT!! I have one. One of the sweetest shooting guns I have ever owned. I don't regret buying it a bit. I have had it for I think three years now. My boys and I love shooting it. The only down side is the trigger pull is a little stiff, however you can get a trigger kit from rifle basics that greatly improves it.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,687 Posts
i have a marlin 17VS. it is a bolt action. it is very nice and very accurate. see if your parents will buy a couple boxes of ammo too

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Yeah, me and my dad are goin to the store tomorrow, so I think we'll be able to do that.
[hijack]

You know...when Ian (stangmata) had mentioned he put Peanutbutter on his teste (singular) and let Bonzai lick it off...I was thinking it was his dog...but didn't he just get back from a trip to California?

[/hijack]

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're under 18 your dad has to buy it for himself. If the guys at the store know he's buying it for you they may not sell it.
Nah, im 19, gonna be 20 here in a few days, so i should be good to go there.

[hijack]

You know...when Ian (stangmata) had mentioned he put Peanutbutter on his teste (singular) and let Bonzai lick it off...I was thinking it was his dog...but didn't he just get back from a trip to California?

[/hijack]
:doh0715::goodfinge:rofl:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts