Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know any companies out there that make a 17x8 or 17x9 steel wheel that will fit our Bko's?

I tried RC, and US Wheel and they only have 16.5 as the tallest.

(I would prefer something under $50.00 or so also).:)

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blaze, the bigger the rim, the less side wall that is exposed to things like snaggle tooth rocks, and branches.

A 37 " tire is a 37" tire whether it comes on a 22" rim, or a 15" rim.
I just figured that if I can find steelies for cheap in a 17 x 9 then I could run the 37x12.50x17 " MTR's.

I have also heard that if you ever swap to larger brakes and calipers that a 17" rim would have much more clearence then the 15, leaves option open.

Oh well, just another idea shot to hell.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks Blaze, thats exactly what I am looking for.
I will call them tomorrow to see what they want for them.
I can do like 75 or so, what I meant about the 50 budget was all around cheaper rims, not like the 600.00 rims that I have seen people on. DAMN.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks everyone.
Keith, your right I called Stockton and got hung up on twice.
Then when i finally got a guy who wouldnt hang up on me, and he told me 300 a piece, and wouldnt give me a wholesale price.
I asked why they were so much for a simple steel rim when his competitors had them for half that and I got hung up on again.

Andy, yes you have the right idea, and the same thoughts I do.

Justin, thanks for the info, 4wpw web page has been up and down last few days so I couldnt check there, I will call them and see if i cant get a good deal on 17x9" white RC's.
I will post if I can get any info from them.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
just called 4wpw, and they that rc's go as big as 16.5 and that is it.:(

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Just talk with a sales manager at 4WPW.
He talked with (I am guessing) a manager who makes the Rock Crawler rims.
a 17" x 9" 5 on 5.5" unfinished rock cralwer rim can be ordered for $77.00 each!!!!!!!

He said that they are only making them to order at the moment and are a lot tougher and beefier than the 15" or 16.5" rock crawler because they use a 360º weld construction. (Whatever that means).
The bead on the rim is also reinforced.

So good news did prevail.

He said that they wont be on the market as a normal item until 1st quarter 2004 because rock crawler designers are just testing them right now to see what the demand is.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
No bud, I havent. I really never go over to pbb board.

I have read about some of the problems people have had (here) with 4wpw, but to be 100% honest the one we have here is awesome.
Neither me or anyone I know has ever had a problem.

I have had friends work there and they have all said that the sales manager (Marty) is very serious about quality and order accuracy.

Anytime I order anything I always get the print out of the order with all the notes to make sure it is the correct product, and it is attached to with their store policy and 110% complete satisfaction guarantee.

I am confident that when i order from them I will be taken care of. If not then they phucked with the wrong bull. Myself and a few hard hittin *****'s will go in there and start plucking off toes with a pipe wrench and a blow torch!
:lolup JK.

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
badblack88 said:
4wpw sux. Sent me the wrong shocks twice. I finally had to call ProCrap myself and get the part numbers and then order them by the number. They actually told me no one makes a 6" lift shock for a '79 bronco. Fu*ktards.
Coming from someone who works in the pc industry I can understand this.
I am sure the salesman was doing his best to find the *correct part* for the job and it wasnt listed in the stores database.
*Or he couldnt find it on the stores computer*

So once you contacted pro crap and got the part number did you have a problem then?
I am guessing not, or you would have mentioned it.

Funny thing about that is, at my store if it isnt listed in the computer then the sales manager looks it up on the internet or the catalog. Once they get the part number they call the distributor to order the part, and to find out why it isnt listed on the stores database. BAM problem solved.
I dont think that my succes with them is just luck.'

People who complain about stores have to realize that there isnt any other stores that carry this stuff that IS perfect.
Summit, screws up, autozone screws up, checker screws up, pep boys, I think you got the idea.

You show me a retail store that is perfect each and every time, and can deliver a product that low of cost and I will shut up.

With me its all about ease and convenience, never had a problem, always the cheapest, always been very courteous with me, so until then I am cool with them.

And please all, dont take this the wrong way, it is just a difference of opinion and I appreciate each and every one of your opinions, I just hope you can show me the same respect i show you.

So for anyone that is up to the challenge, find me a company who can deliver me 4 Goodyear MTR's 37x12.50x17 tires and 4 unfinished steel rims, 17x9" 5 on 5.5"
$237.00 each for the tires, and $77.00 each for the rims, and I will be happy.
I will even be a trooper and add local sales tax to my total.
That is $1338.00 delivered to my door.

I dont think those prices can be beat.
:beer

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Keith_L said:
Dunno if you've been following the thread on PBB or just know how much I hate 4WPW in general.............but dude be sure to get the full name of the person you order from. Record time, date, everything. Make sure the order is read back to you. Ask for a fax confirmation if possible. And if at all possible record the phone conversation. I'm serious.
Keith buddy, I most definitly will. Thank you for the heads up also.:beer

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
badblack88 said:
To the contrary, when I called discount tire direct to order my wheels and tires, the guy noticed that I was ordering 8 lug wheels for a bronco and inquired to make sure that was right. Then he asked what the axles were out of so he could include the correct lug nuts. If 4wpw's reps were on the ball like that I would have no problems with them. mistakes don't bother me that much, everyone makes them. Incompetance does bother me, however, and there is no excuse for it.
Very well said, and I couldnt agree with you more.
Some of their sales people are a little shady, but I have seen those turds come and go quick because their manager is a hard nose SOB. Sux to work for, but good for customer service.

I will try that discount tire direct that souds awesome with all the freebies.

I wonder if they can custom order the same rims.....
I will try and find out.:beer

· Registered
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Dude you rule!!
I actually have a Discount tire right at the end of my street (Kinda sorta).
I will check em out.
Thank you so much:beer :beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.