Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 172 and 173 on my code reader, However, I see from FordFuelInjection.com (love that site) that these are for KOER. I was KOEO. Are those still legit codes?

(PS, I got these right after I broke the green and white vacuum lines today by mistake and tried unseccessfully (I think) to splice them back together. I'll use some small hose clamps and rubber vac. line to fix) Is that what might be setting off these codes?

HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean (right side)

HEGO sensor circuit indicates system rich (right side)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve83 said:
Use rubber vacuum hose to repair the hard plastic ones. If you get the right size (tight) and use a little silicone grease or spray, you won't need clamps.

No, breaking those lines couldn't set those codes. You have an exhaust leak at the manifold or in the Y-pipe upstream of the HEGO, or a bad HEGO, or a leaking FPR, or faulty injectors. Is your engine MAF (1 outlet on the air filter) or MAP (2)?

Thanks, fixed the lines with rubber hose and "liquid electrical tape" to seal it up good.

I do have a small leak at the manifold, Steve. Is that someting that would fail an emissions test? It's very small and can only be heard on acceleration.
MAP and the MAP sensor was just replaced (last Friday) along with EGR valve and solenoid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts