Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving me nuts.. after a flush, putting my old normal duty fan clutch on, new thermostat and I put a good temp sender directly in my intake, was reading 192 all Summer.. well, at 20f temps on the highway I'm running just over 180f, around town it might hit 185 or so? Still runs in the cool range. My cap pressurizes, dunno if it's normal but never gets to the point it gets dangerously hot, just slight boiling over into the overflow when I lift the release tab.
I put a temp gauge where the stock one is, so in the lower that close to the head it really should be about as warm as it gets.

It scares me, with 220k on the odometer I really can't push this motor, I wish it were running a bit warmer.

I'm also noticing it at my heater. My heat is warm, but it could be warmer.. takes forever to warm up such a large vehicle and never gets to the point where I have to turn it down. The super cold temps aren't even here yet.
Does anyone else have trouble keeping their Broncos in the 190f range in the winter? I'll probably just block off the radiator, but it's sort of a pain in the Bronco, my grill is held on with zip ties.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
194f .. it warmed up a tad yesterday and reached 190f just fine, didn't go much higher than that. I sorta just want to know if this is normal. I know people block their radiators in the winter, but I'd rather fix things until at least as good as stock, if it's normal for a good running Bronco I'll just block the radiator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts