Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my eye on a 1949 Kaiser Deluxe 4 door sedan that's at local auction ending tomorrow. The body is fairly solid but it does have a rusty front floorboard and the interior is pretty much shot and the engine doesn't run. I don't think these cars are too common so what's the likelyhood of being able to get parts for it?

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
not too many parts come up on ebay. I would think things like floorboards you could use sheetmetal as long as you're not trying to make a showpiece out of it. Upholstery can be redone to match the original if you want.
Did they use someone else's motor, or is it their own design?
I bet the parts are out there somewhere

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a flathead 226ci engine, dunno who made it.

I found a company called Kanter that carries some parts for the Kaiser. I'm not going to get too involved in this until I decide whether to bid or not. Currently it's at $170 and ends tomorrow at 8pm.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
GOOGLED this.

Also, pick up a copy of Hemmings at a book store.

BTW, I think the Kaiser and Frazier 6 cyls were made by Willys.....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah I think Marv is right about Willys

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, it sold for more than I was willing to spend on it. With auction fees and stuff, it would've been $420.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Auction bidders are made up of three kinds of people. Honest professional bidders who know the real value of things and stop bidding at the right price. Honest amateur bidders who don't know the real value of things and keep on bidding. "Straw man" bidders who really work for the auctioneer and keep the amateur bidders going up and up and up. That's the business.

Anybody interested in antique cars should start with a copy of Hemmings. They're available at magazine racks in the larger nation-wide bookstore chains, or on-line.

Sorry you didn't get your Kaiser, Dustball. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
ah so you watch those auctions too!

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
My bad Dustball. But damn, I remember when those Kaisers were in auto shows and new on dealer's floors.........ever see a Kaiser Darin roadster with the sliding doors?

Yup! Fiberglass.........the doors slid backwards into a pocket in the rear fenders. They only made them '51-'52 IIRC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts