Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the rims on my one ton that had the ring around them Had a flat the other day and the tire shop would not fix it because of the rims. SO I bought a set of one piece rims but the pin that lines them up was on my drum and would not line up with the rims. So I removed it. How do I line them up right. I just eyed it and tighten them good will this work?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,657 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,197 Posts
Well... I'm not familiar with any alignment pin. Maybe a difference between the F250 (3/4) and the 1 ton or possibly the year? My '73 F250 isn't a true '73. A previous owner swapped out a '76 front end... for the front disk brakes over the drums. They have thier own issues but no alignment pins I've found and I've swapped wheels out a few times. The rear end should be OEM '73 but no alingnment pins there either. Maybe there were some at one point and somebody knocked or ground 'em off? Sorry man. Wish I could be more help.

I know the original rims your speaking of and they're dangerous as hell. I can't count the stories of cutting dudes in 1/2 when they'd let go, I've heard over the years.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,657 Posts
Pepe, i think in the back of my mind I knew yours had a newer axle...

There are people who still do the two piece wheels, but not many. You can do them yourself much easier than a normal wheel though. Just make sure to ratchet strap the wheel halves together and to the tire. Use as little air pressure as possible to split the wheel apart.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got another set of rims today. They were off of a mid 70s Ford wrecker and they were one piece. The difference is one hole is indented and then the next one is out then in and out if this makes sense. Then once on the hub the two rims fit together but you have to make sure they are turned right. My hub has the recess around the studs and the rims fits in the recess. The lug nuts fit and align the rims. All is good now. I hope I made sense

·
Addicted to Junk
12,657 Posts
Dragon, judging by his last post, they were the dually split rim with buds.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,657 Posts
I'm too young to know much about those things. Didnt even know the correct terminology myself. The oldest things I've worked on were a 74 bronco and a 78 f150.

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Addicted to Junk
12,657 Posts
LoL, I am pretty sure a lot of us in here can relate to that.....
(the electronics on my 96' Still keep me on a "Learning Curve".)
That's why im glad to have an 85, converted to HEI. 3 vacuum lines and like 2 wires is all I need to run. All that EEC stuff boggles my mind.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with hei on my 79 bronco. I got sick of the brain, pick up, and coil going bad all the time. Have had no problems yet with the hei

1 - 15 of 15 Posts