Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have original 1978 seats, been re-covered and repaired but not need new seats can these be attached to the original frames??

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
I have original 1978 seats, been re-covered and repaired but not need new seats can these be attached to the original frames??
What are you thinking of pulling seats from to replace the ones u have now?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i should have been more clear, i was looking at the Procar seats the low back buckets.
I like the passenger seat flip option to have access to the back seat.
I didn't know if someone has done this change and how complicated it was

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,259 Posts
There's bunches of threads around here on seat swaps.
Use the search and look for posts from @BigBlue 94 and I think @BikerPepe` is restoring a second gen but not sure if he did the seats but... There's info all over the forum on this project.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,257 Posts
Can't say for sure, not familiar with ProCar seats myself but you can fab up just about anything to work, with a little time and ingenuity. Very common for us to bolt different seat style up to the original frames to maintain that unique passenger seat forward tip. Obviously, low backs work best as some of the newer seats are a little tall and hit the dash before the seat is properly tilted. That's some... not all.

Lots of stuff listed here over the years: Official Seat Thread: Let's talk seats & seat...

Including my own modification of an '08 SuperDuty bench seat swapped into my '73 F250. Not a Bronco but the method might help somebody, some day.
I've got seats to mount in my lil' lady's '78 but it's been so long since I picked 'em up, I'm not even sure what they were originally from. Maybe a PT Looser or something.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,368 Posts
I have an 85 which has the same seat bases as yours i believe. I also had a totalled 2003 mustang mach1 with really comfy and race inspired bolstered seats from the factory. Black leather even!

To bolt them to my seat bases i had to drill a few holes in the seat frame and tap them. I think 4 of the 8 holes just had to be enlarged. They sat a touch low so I added a half inch nut to each bolt as a spacer. From removing the seats from the mustang to bolting them in my bronco was only a couple hour job. And now I have highback buckets with bolsters and headrests. Before, my neck would've snapped in an accident from the low back buckets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts