Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 140 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
If anything this rear body mount issue gives me a reason to lift the tub off so I'm not worried

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
4 inch lift kit ordered. I got the cheapest one bronco graveyard had for a few reasons. First off this is just to help me set a few things to the height. Secondly it didn't come with shocks, which is good cause I don't know how well my dual fronts will fit with the fender well exit headers I want. Lastly blocks are fine in the back for now so I can figure out what lift springs I want or if I do a shackle flip. Basically I just needed front coils, blocks, bushings, and a drop bracket for the trac bar. I will be going long arm upfront and maybe something a little unusual in the back. Remember this bronco lives in a fab shop ?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
:popc1:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So as a slight change of pace I bought some paint stripped to start on the front floor since I ordered my seam sealer. All the cheap spray paint was just temporary. Well the crap paint stripper wouldn't even touch the dollar store spray paint. I'm just going to wire wheel the whole deal the best I can. The seams mostly. Use the seam sealer, use the rust encapsulater where I need it. Then paint the whole floor with rustoleum professional black paint. It's thick and sprays decent. Plus no one is going to see it anyways so it's not a huge deal. Just pissed off that the paint stripper didn't do a thing

·
Registered
124 Posts
Decided to switch gears for a night and work on something other than rust repair. Ended up putting my lift kit on. It's not as tall as had imagined but it's also a cheap lift

Those are 33s under it. It measures out at 5" in the front and 3.75" in the back. It's pretty close to level so I'm happy about that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It's not going to see the road like this. The whole point of this lift was just to see how I'd like 4 inch. I should have gotten the 6 inch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks! It's a learning adventure that's for sure. I actually thought I was pretty good with cars and trucks till I started this

Got the front floor rust painted, seam sealed, and top coated last night (minus where my seam sealer was still tacky).

Got some work to do before I start the back. It's not perfect but carpet will be covering it. I am leaning more and more towards lifting the body off to do the under side properly.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So today sure went differently than I planned. My boss came out and looked at what I was doing, made a comment about how he would fix the rear body mounts. I told him I wasn't going to lift the tub more than a few inches to fix it rather than take up space. He said build a cart and take the tub off.

Gonna need some body mount love

And a cross member in the back

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I know, it's a project now. This is for the best. It's actually going to speed things up doing the finishing touches underneath

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Yeah it's been a major help, he said not to worry about what I used in metal but I'm going to pay for it.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
damn. good guy to have for a boss. good call on the tub too. sucks to put in so much work and later have a major fail because you stopped just shy of finding, fixing real problems. :thumbup

been trying to talk my ol' lady into a frame off with her '78 for the same reasons.
It's her rig and her money though... I just try to do the best I can with it. :toothless

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Well in his words I've earned the right. I started out as a labourer who could weld. Within 6 months I was the lead man in my department. After another 6 months I was materials manager and doing shipping and receiving. Now I'm a full on project manager. So to quote his words exactly when people ask why I get to do this at work and they can't "Joe has worked his ass off here, he has earned the right to do this". I work a lot of late nights doing stuff no one else wants to. Hell every Thursday night I stay late and clean bathrooms then do all the garbage cause Friday is dumpster day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Trying not to waste any time now that it's this far a long. Ordered the rest of the brake lines, ordered the body mount repair washers. Took the frame outside for a degreaser bath

Right shortly the engine, trans, t case will be pulled off and the real fun starts. Still not sure what to do about the rear cross member. Either I have to find one, or make one. I'm leaning towards the latter due to ease of availability

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a very similar situation where I work with long years and dedication, benefits in a different way though... while I'm not so sure I could get some floor space to work on my own projects ( at least this large or length of time ), I've never been asked to pay to have my own parts powder coated and they are quite lenient when I bring in parts for my brothers and nephews.

121 - 140 of 186 Posts