Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Through a work contact I managed to get a deal on having my frame sand blasted and painted. Not the order I wanted to do this build in but a deal is a deal. So I spent some time patching my body mounts this weekend

I will use a hole saw to put the holes back into where I plated. Not to worried about it at this point

Just to put this project back into perspective I set the body back on the frame. It's not a big deal when you have a 10k fork lift hanging around to do this stuff haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Thanks, I just wish I could stay on task longer. Side projects keep jumping up. Hopefully by summer it will be driveable. Right now I am leaning towards just putting the 460 in it with a good carb and seeing how it does. Then later down the road build the engine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank you! The paint I'm using is terrible to work with. Carboline butumastic 300m. It has crushed coal in it and is used for bridges and oil rigs. Stuff comes out of the bucket like roof tar and the smell will about knock you out. Either way it should hold up to the occasional rain storm I may get caught in lol

Either way here is a pic of the second coat going on

·
Registered
297 Posts
Curious if you weighed the frame?

Reactions: huck2080

·
Registered
297 Posts
Allrighty thank you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
For anyone still watching this, I got away from that project for a while. Left the job that let me use that shop, went back to college to get my mechanical engineering degree from Penn State, and got a whole different career.

So now that my other side project is coming to a close I am getting back to this. Its been sitting in my back yard idle for 3 years. I doubt things got much worse under it.

I am away for work right now (up in the middle of no where Newfoundland) so I am parts gathering and planing the build. Ive nailed down whats going to happen. That 460 is gonna become an aluminum headed 514, probably a zf5 trans, 205 t case, stock axle housings with upgraded shafts. The interior will be stock red and the outside will be painted black with free wheeling decals. I know its not a free wheeling bronco but I love that look so I am making it what I want.

I am going to try to remember to keep this updated as I go.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
Look forward to seeing it continue. Welcome back and congrats on the new gig up in nowhere's-ville.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Thanks, This is temporary up here but it gives me a while to save up and plan the build out. At this point I am more about getting it running rather than getting it right. My last project taught me a lot about that theory. Its way more fun to use the truck as you work on it rather than stare at a pile of parts.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
Truth! ;)

161 - 180 of 186 Posts