Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would someone post a picture of the RIGHT tailgate cable attachment? The left was no problem but I can't seem to figure out how the spring washer goes on the right. The left has the cable end go on the bolt first. then a washer that the spring end fits over, then the spring washer that fits flat up against the tailgate, however, the little ear the spring hooks on does not turn up on the bottom like the left. I know it can't be on top because the spring would direct the cable to go up instead of down. What am I doing wrong? Picture shown is left side. View attachment 180629 View attachment 180630 View attachment 180629 View attachment 180630

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco XLT Ranger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. Although both spring washers are the same, one faces backward to the other. I was thinking that they had to look the same on each side. Thanks for the pictures. They confirm what I found.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,806 Posts
Never had any spring like that on any of my FSB's.

·
Premium Member
3,395 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
What cable brand/source of cable replacement do y'all recommend? I built a set in 96' for my 78' and want to put the correct units back on before my DIY units rust/fail and smash/break expensive stuff. Plus my "custom" units always try and get some sunshine and sneak out the gap, looking rather odd....
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
27,700 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts