Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of recoating my top, posted elsewhere here, I replaced the rear carpet. This made a huge difference in both appearance and sound deadening. I chose ACC, Auto Custom Carpet, as they have great reviews, selections and looks like they supply all the other places to buy. I upgraded to their "Essex" grade which is thicker and the mas backing. The mas backing insulates and gives the carpet more body. After searching for the best price, I chose OC Auto Carpets as they had they pieces I wanted and about 50% off. Cool. So I ordered them, was told they would be shipped in 24-48 biz hours. They shipped from ATL and I would have in about a week. Cool. While I was waiting I lined the back with sound deadening. The pieces arrived as promised :D and looked great! Only prob, the tailgate piece had a cut about 1 1/2 long. Oh boy... so, early That Friday morning, I emailed 3 pix added that my guess is that it happened during the cut and sew process. About 2 hours later i received an email from OC Auto Carpets stating that a replacement had been ordered and would ship in 24-48 biz hours. Wow! I asked how to return the damaged one. They replied to simply keep it. Wow again. So, i know this is long but in a world that loves to run to the web and cry, these two companies stepped up. I don't need much more carpet but these guys will get my biz. In the end, it all fit very nice and looks terrific.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Man that looks great. I’ll have to check them out for my 89. Someone put new rear carpet in and it’s only about 1/8” thick and doesn’t line up well. Thanks for the write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
looks great, I am on the fence about new carpet with thicker backing or going with vinyl pad. I will keep them in mind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you order the thick backer also for noise and heat? I’m debating is it worth it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did for both reasons but mostly the Essex upgrade was the closest to the factory thickness I could find. The standard grade was closer to indoor/outdoor carpet in thickness. I also have a '94 and the Essex is close to that, too. I had an '88 but I dont remember that carpet. Here's a pix of what was on my rear fender wells v the new if that helps. Its pretty faded but maybe it helps. Price wise, for the front kick panels, rear floor with wheel wells and tailgate I paid $530. With shipping. I still need to do the front but that's part of another project... Depends on the budget but to me once it's in, the value is greater than the cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
FYI - ACC's carpet has no UV stabilizers. My charcoal tailgate panel and rear carpet has turned green over the last few years. It's ~5 years old. Seems to be more of a problem with their charcoals/grays. I suggest spraying it down it some sort of outdoor fabric spray that has a UV blocker

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,736 Posts
Looks great... Love the color 👍 kinda wish mine had the tailgate piece ☹
The stuff i put in my cargo area was also ACC but their regular stuff not the upgraded. My backing looked a lot different then yours from looking at the pix u posted. Idk maybe it's just ur pix
20191212_134904_HDR-1.jpg

I didn't want the extra thick stuff cause i knew id be putting kayaks back there and it would be getting wet regularly so i figured the regular would dry quicker. It feels nice and plush and looks great. I got a generic cargo area mat so hopefully that helps prevent fading and i kept the wheel well covers off but still a LOT quieter then before the monstaliner and carpet.
20191225_170421~2.jpg

20191225_171846-1.jpg

Had a small defect in mine. Part of the edging wasn't bound right so there was a hole. They had me send it back tho and i had a new one in 2 days. Return was super simple. They had ups come collect it.
img_1575665154747.jpg

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,736 Posts
It's horrible... That's why I'm doing everything in my power to protect my baby from the rust monster.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts