Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my current build fellas. I bought this truck about a year ago, took it out a ranch in the California desert. I was going to be for me or maybe a possible sell, but my old man wanted it. Now we're in it for a slow restoration for him.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
What motor is that ?? I dont see the ridge by the distributor that the 351/400 has- ..... And a very neat and un-complicated truck-

·
Registered
576 Posts
looks like the 351m/400 because the timing chain sits inside the block.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What motor is that ?? I dont see the ridge by the distributor that the 351/400 has- ..... And a very neat and un-complicated truck-
The is motor indeed is a 351/400(Modified), it comes from a 78 bronco. And I don't know why it doesn't have the ridge, because the original engine that is inside the truck does have the ridge. Could be just a year difference but I am not sure.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some more pics of the engine swap and pics of the front end with the correct bumper and without the bumper guard.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

My brothers 79 that he almost done with.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep up the good work...you're making some nice progress!:thumbup Do you plan on keeping the trim on it after the repaint?

Later,

Lee

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some pics of the engine compartment getting a cleaning for some paint and the engine getting put in. It's not a new engine but it will do for now. We just resealed it and freshen it up. Got it from a 79 bronco I got cheap and my brother and I parted out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe it's about time I update this. The project has been in the works but too busy to post up anymore.

My pop's 79 last day it sat with the 351M and stick transmission.

Donor 91 bronco saved from the crusher.Was seating for about 10years popped in a fresh battery and gas and it turned right on. Drove her home from East Los Angeles no problems. Sucks to part her up but the 79 is worth it.

Getting ready for the transplant

It's guts laying in the floor. fuel injection 5.8 and e40d with transfer case

My old man putting in work to making the engine pedestals work.

Fitting the engine and transmission in.

Few days after. Most of everything mounted in.

more pic of it's current progress to come and maybe a fire up and drive video.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Love this build I subscribed to this threead haha:thumbup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found a pretty decent interior in the junk yard, pieced it out a few trucks I scavenged. Truck originally came with blue so might make it blue later on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts