Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,297 Posts
Flip the tie rod to the top of the knuckles, and put a riser bracket on the axle, like this
Hi there Nick and thanks for the help! I had looked up the tr flip a while ago and was turned off by the part where you bore out the holes. I don't have the tools to do that so thought I might be able to achieve the same fix by correcting the angles of the drag link arms. Would this bracket still work to correct some of the steering issues caused by the lift even if I don't flip the tie rod?

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,876 Posts
I agree the bracket, above, will help... or this one Drop Trac Bar Bracket-Broncograveyard.com
The issue with that bracket I linked is they are known for bending the stock bracket and there is only 2 bolts holding it. Usually people weld them in a few spots.

Another route is to go with an adjustable trac bar like Adjustable 4140 Chromoly Trac Bar Includes Bushings and adjustable steering links, Tie Rod/With Adjustable Draglink 78-79 Bronco/F150. With a drop pitman arm, and and adjustable trac bar, you will not need the drop bracket.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
943 Posts
Hi there Nick and thanks for the help! I had looked up the tr flip a while ago and was turned off by the part where you bore out the holes. I don't have the tools to do that so thought I might be able to achieve the same fix by correcting the angles of the drag link arms. Would this bracket still work to correct some of the steering issues caused by the lift even if I don't flip the tie rod?
What do your trac bar and drag link angles look like right now? In a perfect world they should both be level. But as long as they are both at the same angle in relation to each other, you shouldn’t have any major drivability issues. So whatever combination of raising/lowering the trac bar to get it closer to the drag link angle, or vise-versa, will help you out

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,297 Posts
Sorry for the delay in responding. I've got some pics that I hope show my setup(click the images for super-biggie). I'm thinking that I need something like this kit to correct my caster(it's designed for 2-4 inch lift and I'm fairly sure mine is a 4"), adjusting for 4 deg. of offset. They also have a 7 degree kit for larger lifts but I don't think it suits my setup. Another benefit of this kit is that I tighten up a lot of the squished original rubber bushings.

As for my drag link/track bar relation, it might look like they are the same angle but if you look at the far left end of the track bar in the second picture, you can see that they have a kick up bend in the bar, making it look like an angle it's not really at. That would need to be taken into account when deciding on a dropped pitman. I can only say that I have to adjust the wheel when hitting the brakes hard and the nose dips down. That's the extent of my super duper knowledge on the matter.

Your collective thoughts on what else I need other than the linked kit(or if that's not the right kit for my lift) would be greatly appreciated!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts