Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can find the tailgate window relay? I've looked everywhere online and it doesnt seem to exist anymore. Is there another way to put a different relay in its place? I have the part number #D8SB 15B683-AA.

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is no relay for the tailgate window on the Bronco. People add relays, but there would have to be two, one to go up and one to go down. My '79 didn't have rear window defrost, so maybe there's a relay for that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue wire from the interior tailgate switch goes to a connector that goes into the relay which behind the instrument cluster. The black and white wire from the circuit breaker that is attached to the starter relay is also attached to the connector as well as a black and green wire that all go into that relay.

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,529 Posts
I don't think they are reproduced. I'm pretty sure I know which relay you're talking about. I can hear mine click behind the dash when I turn the ignition to run or accessory.

Worst case, you could go to the wrecking yard and find one.

·
Registered
1979 Custom, 6.6L Auto
77 Posts
Would it use a 14512 relay as shown in some wiring diagrams?
See some of those on ebay.

If it's the metal can, sometimes you can peel the can off and clean the contacts or solder a broken coil wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts